26• Doorway

Alexa's POV:

Alexa wake up! Alexa! My eyes finally burst open and I choke.

"Help! Someone, she's choking!" Gable screams standing up from his chair.

"Sir stand back!" She nurse says bursting into the room.

"Sweetie I'm gonna need you to cough for me okay." She says.

I cough as she pulls the long tube out from my mouth.

"She's gonna be fine. She was just fighting her intubation." She says checking my IV and pulse, then slowly walking out of the room to get the doctor.

Gable stands a foot away with his sad eyes staring down at me.

"Alexa."

"Don't. Just go get Nia please." I say coldly looking at the door way.

He does what I say though. I sit alone in the room looking down at my leg. I try my best to wiggle my toes but I can't. Surgery didn't work.

I get so angry I knock off everything on the side table, throw pillows across the room, and scream my head off.

"Alexa, it's okay."

"It's not Fucking okay! You didn't fix me. You said you would fix me!" I shout at my doctor as he came running in. "I can't do this! I want out of here!" I scream as Gable sadly runs in at the foot of my bed and stares at me.

Gables POV:

"you said you would fix me!" I hear Alexa screaming down the hall. I run in and she yells "I can't do this! I want out of here!" She finally turns her attention to me but only briefly before screaming.

"YOU DIDN'T FIX ME!"

"Alexa. I did." The doctor says finally.

"Then why can't I move my toes!?" She yells at him.

"You on a shit ton of morphine." He chuckles walking in front of me, at the edge of her bed.

He takes a finger and slides it up her foot, and her toes wiggle.

"See." He smiles.

"Oh my god." I murmur.

"Now you can't get to excited. There's a LONG recovery road from here. It will take about a year for you to get back in the hang of things."

" it will only take her six months with the way she pushes herself." Nia chuckles standing in the doorway.

"Come here and give me a hug." Alexa bursts a smile towards her.

Nia playfully rolls her eyes and hugs Alexa tight.

"She's gonna need y'alls support to get through this. Now your still gonna have to use the wheelchair for about two weeks. Then as soon as we take the stitches out you can start physical therapy." He says checking over the chart in his hands.

"How long... till I can wrestle..?" She asks sadly.

"Two years or maybe never. It all depends on you." He smiles. "So anymore questions?" He asks looking at all of us.

We all shake our heads and he leaves.

"Alexa." I start agian.

"Gable I'm tired." She says not even looking at me.

"No. Your not gonna shut me out!" I scream at her.

Her eyes flutter up at me and an angry look spreads across her face.

"What you just say?!"

"I'm gonna let y'all two talk." Nia says quickly pacing out the room.

"I said your not gonna shut me out! I was there for you, every time you threw up, every time you were having nightmares, every time you were so depressed you couldn't get out of bed. I was there! So you have no right to shut me out!"

"Your right you were there. Thanks for that." She says heartlessly. "But where were you when I got the call about them fixing my dead limb?! Oh that's right. You were tongues deep with SASHA BANKS!" She screams.

"I was not! She kissed me. I didn't kiss her in any way. I didn't even know who she was cause I only have eyes for one fucking girl since fucking NXT!" I yell back at her.

"I hate you!" She looks sharply as the blankets.

"No you don't." I say calmly sitting on the edge of her bed.

She has so much anger towards me she begins to claw, punch, and slap me over and over.

She claws me down my back as I put my arms around her, gripping her tight.

"Let go of me!" She screams.

"Sir. I need you to move." A nurse says pulling me away from her. She gets another nurse to pin Alexa to the bed as she begins to strap her arms to the bed.

Alexa screams help as they do it.

"STOP!" I push the guy nurse off of her.

"I said STOP!" I yell pushing the girl nurses away from Alexa. "She's fine." I say.

Alexa whimpers into my back as the guy nurse tries to grab her again.

"I'm a trained WWE Superstar. You touch her I will break your arm!" I yell at him.

He puts his hands up and they both slowly leave the room.

"I'm so sorry." I turn around as she puts her head on my chest, cowardly like a scared puppy . "Your okay. No ones gonna hurt you." I say scooting her over and laying in the bed next to her.

"I'm sorry." She cries. "I'm so sorry."

"It's okay little one." I say petting the back of her head. "It's okay."

Alexa's POV:

He sits there with me, petting my head, and cupping me into his side.

I fit perfectly. I'm so short and skinny and he's tall and muscular. We fit like two pieces of the puzzle, and it's a miracle he even wants to be in my puzzle.

"I'm gonna go to sleep, your get some rest too." He says trying to get up. I sink my arm into his side.

"Stay." I whisper and his whole body relaxes back against mine. "Please."

"Okay." He whispers. "Goodnight. I love you." He says drifting off to sleep.

He... he said he loved me... before bed... he said he loved me... I can feel my cheeks rush with warmth.

I see footsteps appear at my door. I look up to find her standing in the doorway.