Quack

Just a little drabble because I have no other skills and I'm too lazy.

Connor sat down on the wooden bench, handing his boyfriend a turkey and mayonnaise sandwich while he took in the view of the quiet, peaceful park around them. It was the perfect day.

A lake was laid out in front of them, littered with dozens upon dozens of lily pads and ducks swimming around lazily. Evan loved the way the water sparked under the sun. The willow tree they situated themselves under shielded the two from the hot summer sun, and Evan leaned into Connor affectionately, nuzzling into his shoulder.

"You picked a very...romantic spot for our date," Evan said, and took a bite from his sandwich.

Connor nodded. "There were a lot of good choices, but I think this was the best fit for the day." He was about to lift his sandwich to his mouth, but a small piece of the bread dropped on the grass.

And in a split second, something rushed in front of the bench and the bread disappeared with it.

"Wha-" but Connor's words were interrupted by a very loud "QUACK" coming from behind the bench. "What the fu-"

"QUACK!"

As if he were in a horror movie, Evan turned his head around slowly to peek behind him. And sure enough, there was a duck, stuffing the small piece of bread in his mouth greedily.

"C-C-Connor? It...it's looking at me," Evan whispered nervously, not daring to break his and the duck's strong eye contact.

Connor whipped his head around to take a look at the thief. It looked like a regular duck, small beady eyes, a brown speckled feather coat. It was nothing he hadn't seen before.

Then out of nowhere, the duck swallowed the rest of the bread in one gulp with a big, "QUACK!" Evan screamed like a madman and jumped up from his seat, his head brushing under one of the tree branches.

Another duck had flown in front of the pair letting out another "QUACK!" that made Evan jump again, leaves falling into his lap. Then another. Soon, the two boys were surrounded by a flock of ducks all with the same beady eyes and brown speckled coat.

"Evan. Don't. Move. A muscle," Connor said through his teeth and Evan froze in his stance, one arm shielding his face defensively. This could be the end of it all.

"C-Connor...I just w-wanna say...um...if anything h-h-h-h-happens um I just want you to know that I love you...and-" but Evan couldn't finish his sentence before one of the duck opened his wings and screamed a battle cry.

The rest of the ducks followed suit, and then the war started.

Two of the birds went to attack Connor's legs but he kicked them away heroically. A duck flew into Evan's face and he screamed. Connor jumped up and grabbed Evan's arm, running past the duck frenzy as fast as he could. He didn't even care that he left the food behind, what mattered in the moment was the safety of his boyfriend.

With the adrenaline still pumping, Connor ran along the side if the lake and toward his car. Evan stumbled a few steps behind, looking back every few seconds to see if the monsters had followed them, but the ducks were too busy eating their sandwiches to notice what was happening.

Connor shoved Evan into the passenger seat of his best up black pickup truck and ran around to the driver's seat, shutting the door and starting the engine. He looked at the smaller boy, a few scratches colored his face. "You okay?"

Evan was breathing heavily and he could feel his heart beating inside his chest. "I...I...yeah, yeah I'm I'm fine are you ok?"

Connor checked himself in the mirror, fixing his messy hair. "Some shitty looking hair can't kill me, but that must hurt." His fingers lightly moved over a large cut on Evan's left forearm and the smaller boy whined softly. It looked like he had drawn a red line on himself in marker.

"I'll be fine," Evan touched the scratch, catching his breath. "Let's just go."

And with one last look at the chaos at the willow tree they were just sitting at, Connor started the car and took off down the street.

"That's going to haunt my dreams forever," Evan laughed softly. "I'll never forget the look that first duck gave me."

I thought I'd give you something a little lighter. This has been in my drafts for a while now.

Requests? Because you know I always ask for them