Sick AU

Well, I'm sick and it fucking sucks, so why not write a cute oneshot about it? Based on a true story.
Mentions of barfing, I don't know if that's a trigger warning, but yeah.

I'm also too lazy to edit this sorry if it sucks.

Evan sat bolt upright on his bed, his shirt in a pool of sweat. He checked his clock: 2:34 am. Was he having a nightmare? He couldn't remember.

Then all at once, his head involuntarily whipped to the side, and he threw up. Tears rushed down his cheeks, it caught him totally off guard. He was perfectly fine last night, but now, as he was spewing chicken nuggets on his carpet, he felt like he was going to burst.

He sat there, hunched over for a moment, breathing heavily. Thank the Earth it was over. Then the smell hit him.

He gagged, stepping over the pile of vomit and down the hallway. His legs shook with every step he took, and he almost fell over as he stepped into his mother's room.

"Mom..." Evan could barely make a peep, his throat hurt, but Heidi's mother intuition knew what was happening. The next thing he knew, Evan was engulfed a huge bear hug, and they collapsed onto the floor. Heidi's shirt was stained with tears and excess vomit, but she didn't care. Her son was more important.

Heidi let go to fix her son's hair. "No school for you today, sweetie." Evan sighed, and he would have smiled if not for the shitty feeling coursing through his veins. His mom helped him up and into her bed. Evan secretly loved  it when Heidi let him sleep in her bed; he felt safer.

She went into the bathroom quick to grab a bucket, placing it on the nightstand next to him. She kissed his forehead. "You, sleep. I'm gonna go clean your room."

"Thanks, Mom," Evan whispered, and as soon as Heidi left the room, Evan was out like a light switch.

🔹🔶🔹

"Evan...Evan..."

Evan opened his eyes to find his boyfriend hovering over him, his long hair dangling and brushing against his face. It tickled a bit, and he squirmed as much as his sick body would let him.

"Hey, babe," Connor smiled and sat at the foot of the bed. Evan slowly put himself in a sitting position and checked the time: 6:05 am. His memory came back, remembering the incident a few hours ago.

"Mom..." Evan thought, but Connor shushed him.

"She had to go to work, but you can't be alone when your sick, so I'm here. Ta-da!" Connor made some sarcastic jazz hands, which did nothing to perk up Evan's mood.

Then Evan grabbed the bucket hastily and threw-up again. He felt a pair of hands engulf him, rubbing his back. "Fuck..." he mumbled coughing for a second, his head hovering over his regurgitated dinner.

His t-shirt was drenched in sweat, and if it hadn't been for the potent smell of his barf, he would have smelled worse. Connor still sat next to him, not in the slightest hurry to move away. He grabbed the bucket from Evan. "You good?"

Evan nodded, and Connor got up to dispose of it. "T-thanks..." Connor turned around in the doorway and cracked a huge, cheesy grin.

A few moments later, Evan heard the toilet flush, and the sink run, and Connor came back in, holding a clean, good smelling bucket. Evan took it from his boyfriend, setting the bucket on the nightstand. Connor went to his messenger bag and pulled out his laptop. "Netflix?"