Spider-Man AU II

Oh come on, you all know you wanted it. Also school in New York starts in early September, just for a reference.

Connor gingerly opened Evan's bedroom door, trying not to disturb the blonde boy in his peaceful slumber, even though there was a hoard of fans screaming his name outside the apartment building. Ever since he'd been outed by an Instagram post, people have been hounding Evan at every chance they could. Fangirls tracked down everything about him from his address to his favorite food. And even some billionaire in Manhattan named Tony Stark had gone to find Evan's phone number and leaving him at least 20 voicemails daily about joining some sort of superhero group.

Being Spider-Man had taken such a huge physical and mental toll on the young boy, that he couldn't even leave his apartment anymore. It was never safe.

Evan didn't even want to think of what going to school would be like. Thank god it was August, at least he had some time for it to hopefully die down enough that he could walk around freely. But based on how things were at the moment, he wasn't counting on it. The whole city seemed to only have eyes on him; the last time he checked the news, it was just another set of new stories about him and Spider-Man.

Ever since he'd been bitten by that stupid radioactive spider on that science trip, he knew his life would change but he didn't realize how much. He also didn't realize how invasive being famous would be. If he would have known how this would have ended up, he would have been more careful. It was so much easier to hide behind the mask. Now he could even look out the window without someone saying something.

Connor set a box of doughnuts down on Evan's desk, then went to wrap his arms around the small boy, but stopped when Evan opened his eyes.

"I totally wasn't sleeping," the blonde boy cracked a small weak smirk and Connor practically melted away right there.

"I was just about to cuddle with..."

"Did you bring...doughnuts?" Evan perked up at the smell, his spidey-senses tingled with anticipation.

The taller boy laughed and grabbed the box. "I can't hide anything from you anymore."

"Sorry," Evan peeked his curiosity-filled eyes into the cardboard before grabbing himself a glazed doughnut. "I haven't had a good doughnut in...a long time."

They sat together in a peaceful bliss as the people outside seemed to have given up on waiting for a rare appearance, and Evan smiled to himself. Maybe, with enough time, everyone would just forget. But even a chance of that happening was slim.

His eyes wandered around is disheveled room, which was as messy and confusing as his mind, and stopped at the red and blue spandex suit that had been thrown in the corner many months ago. As he admired the fine stitching of the pattern [it was homemade, but very durable], the need to go out swinging in between the buildings cane back. He couldn't just sit here for the rest of his life, that was the cowardly thing to do. And he wasn't a coward.

His thoughts were stopped abruptly by a knock on his bedroom door.

Connor laughed. "Your fans got ahold of your apartment key.

"You're so mean," the bolds boy rolled his eyes jokingly before he got up to open the door.

And standing on the opposite side of him was a middle-aged man in a suit with a mop of brown hair and a smirk that everyone knew. Evan staggered back in surprise, almost tripping over his bed as he struggled to regain his footing.

"What...what the hell?" Evan said at the sight of a genius billionaire playboy philanthropist standing in the doorway to his bedroom.

"Wait kid, hold on," the man took a cautious step forward. "I'm Tony Stark."

Connor rolled his eyes. "Yeah, no shit, Sherlock."

Tony just sighed, and turned to Evan. "I need you to come with me."

"And why would I go anywhere with you? I've listened to the voicemails you've been leaving me, and I think that fact that I have never answered should be more than an answer," Evan stood up straight and crossed his arms. "Stalker."

"Hey don't blame me, blame JARVIS," the philanthropist still stood his ground. "But as I was saying, and the rest of the group and I have talked it over and..."

"I'm not joining your stupid Avengers thingy. I like where I am right here." Evan took Connor's hand in his and his boyfriend squeezed it comfortingly.

Tony raised a knowing eyebrow. "You like all the fans screaming your name outside your apartment day after day?You like not being able to go outside?" He nodded to the window, where someone had begun a chant to try and lure the internet-famous teen out of his room. Evan was about to say something else when the billionaire stopped him. "Hey, wait a second. This is your boyfriend right?"

The blonde boy nodded slowly, and him and Connor shared a slightly uncomfortable look, disconnecting their hands.

"He'd do anything for you. So how do you think he feels seeing you like this? I mean, you're a huge mess," Tony gestured around his room, and back to Evan who had been wearing the same sweatpants and t-shirt for days. He gave the younger boy a minute to think about it before making his final statement. "I'll meet you at Stark tower in Manhattan. You have an hour to make a decision."

And with that, Tony Stark grabbed a glazed doughnut from their box and was gone, leaving the two alone. He couldn't help but think about what the billionaire had said. Evan was a mess.

As the blond boy stood there and thought out all the pros and cons, Connor got up and made the decision for him. "Go," the taller boy stuffed the infamous Spider-Man suit in Evan's hands. "I know you want this."

And without a second thought, Evan changed as fast as he could, zipping the suit and fastening the web shooters before he swung out the window and into the city. Pedestrians and the crowd of fans cheered as loud as they could when they caught the first appearance of Spider-Man in over 4 weeks.

Feeling the wind in his face and the adrenaline pumping made Evan feel good, the best he'd felt in a long time. He needed to get out of that old apartment and back into the swing of things [no pun intended]. Even if the news stories and the hate would just keep piling up, he knew none of it was true anyway. And being able to be Spider-Man, that was worth it.

He shot a web from his extended arm and swung himself over a building, landing on the roof so he could take a quick look at the city he grew up in before making his way through Queens and towards Manhattan, where his future lay before him.

Ewwwwwww. I suck.

 I suck