Wet II

The beam of light almost came from nowhere in the darkness. Evan squinted, and once his eyes adjusted, he saw Connor, holding the flashlight out into the woods.

"Come on," Connor waved Evan closer to him, then walked into the woods. They had been instructed to find some firewood so everyone could make s'mores. But after what had happened just yesterday, Evan was still uneasy.

"So, what happened after I...um...I left?" Evan just wanted to start conversation, he didn't want the awkward silence.

"Ya know, she gave me one of those talks. Protection, all that shit," Connor kicked a stone along the path, picking up a log. "You think this is good?"

"Maple wood, that's...that's a g-good choice. It's more dense, so they...they give long fires," Evan recited and Connor chuckled at his boyfriend's vast tree knowledge.

Connor picked up another log, turning to Evan and kissing his nose. "My little Tree Boy." Evan blushed, but Connor had turned the flashlight away so he didn't see it.

They walked a little ways more, until they came to a clearing, littered with firewood.

"That's an oak, also good for fires," Evan took the flashlight and pointed to one by Connor's feet, and Connor picked it up.

"What about this one?" Connor pointed to another one a few feet away, then ran towards it.

"Um...um...Connor..." Evan ran after him

Connor looked down at it. "It's a little big, might have to break it." He set the other logs on the ground, then rammed his foot into the middle of the branch.

But his foot got stuck when he tried to pull it back up, and he would have fell if Evan hadn't been there to catch him. His heart stopped for a minute in surprise when he felt Evan's arms sound his back, but relaxed when he set the taller boy down.

Evan pulled the log from Connor's foot.
"Are you...o-okay?"

Connor nodded. "Yeah, yeah, Ev, I'm fine."

Evan sighed in relief. "I was going to tell you it's a...rotten p-piece."

Connor understood and nodded, getting up. "Well, my rotted brain should've known." Evan was going to say something, but Connor's lips stopped him. Evan loved the way the other boy's lips felt on his, like they were meant to be there.

They pulled apart and Connor stood back up, picking up the logs and heading the way they had come. He picked up a few more on the way, then turned to Evan. "Is this enough for a s'mores session, you think?"

Evan looked at the big pile in Connor's arms. "That would be enough." Connor smiled, then turned back to the path, back to the cabin.

🔹🔶🔹

Connor pulled the key from his pocket and Evan felt a little deja vu. This had just happened yesterday, he realized, but Connor had already opened the door.

Zoe jumped up from her seat as soon as she saw them come in. "Hey! How was it! Is Evan's shirt a little crooked? What did you do?" Evan blushed deeply and fixed his shirt. Connor didn't move, just grunted and stared at Zoe.

"For the last fucking time, WE HAVE NOT HAD SEX OKAY? DON'T MAKE A BIG DEAL OUT OF SOMETHING THAT NEVER HAPPENED."

"How are those logs? Hard enough?" Zoe winked, which only made Evan blush harder and Connor get angrier.

"Zoe...please, please stop," Evan looked at his feet, fiddling with his shirt.

"Oh, okay, I'll stop for you," Evan let out a sigh. "But Connor's never going to hear the end of it!"

A/N
AmazingMichael there ya go!

A/NAmazingMichael there ya go!