Snowball Fights

Gleek_runner
craftinginspace I'm your secret santa!
Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and all that jazz (yes, I'm aware Hanukkah ended)

Evan stared out the window and watched the snow falling gracefully to the ground. There was already a good 7 inches out there, but the amount of snow still falling promised more. He was waiting for Connor to finish getting ready before they went outside.

"Come on, Connor! Hurry up," Evan bounced around in his seat impatiently, playing with the zipper of his coat. He loved when it snowed. Everything looked so beautiful, with the white blanket. It made the scenery look magical. Especially the trees.

Connor stomped down the stairs, slipping into a jacket and pulling a black beanie over his messy hair. Evan jumped up as soon as he saw the taller boy, and rushed to the back door. Connor laughed at Evan's excitement. "You're like a 5 year old in a candy store, wait up."

Connor took his time coming over to Evan, but Evan couldn't stand the suspense any longer, and rushed outside, taking in the view from the porch. It was even more beautiful when you were right in the middle of it. Evan could stare at the snow covered forest beyond the Murphy's backyard forever and never get tired of it. Everything just sparkled.

Connor appeared beside Evan and leaned into him. Evan's smile was too much for Connor to keep frowning. "What are you so excited about?"

"Connor, it's snow, the best thing since sliced bread," Evan looked up at the cloud infested sky and caught a snowflake on his tongue. "Everything about it is awesome! The snowflakes..."

"But you cant even see the patterns on a snowflake! They're microscopic," Connor made a good point, but Evan just kept smiling.

"Yes, they're a hidden beauty, you have to look carefully to see them. And snow just makes everything look prettier!" Evan rushed down the porch steps, stomping in the snow until he made his way into the middle of the yard. He held his arms out. "I LOVE YOU SNOW!" Connor chuckled following in Evan's footsteps in the snow.

"Well, I feel included," said the taller boy sarcastically, and Evan gave him a look.

"Oh, come on, Connie you know I love you...but right now the snow needs some attention," Evan smiled at him, then went back to praising the snow like it was a god.

Connor he grabbed a handful of snow, shaping it in his hands, then crept behind the smaller boy. He needed revenge, the snow was stealing his man.

Evan felt the impact of the snowball hit his lower back, then turned around to find Connor, holding another one aimed for him. Evan chuckled, then ran behind a giant rock, and the battle began.

Snowballs arched high into the sky, then came down just inches from where Evan crouched. He giggled and quickly grabbed a block of snow, peeking over the boulder to toss the it, but not before one flew in his face. Evan screamed in surprise, the coldness expanding all over his face, numbing his nose, and he fell back into the cushion of snow.

Connor jumped up and ran to his boyfriend as soon as he heard the plop. He helped the smaller boy into a sitting position. "Oh my lord Ev, I'm so sorry I didn't mean too..." he brushed the snow off Evan's face, revealing a huge grin.

"Wow, that was...amazing I've never felt that much excitement before! I mean, sure it was a little cold, but still..." Evan beamed and jumped up, holding out his hand and helping Connor, who sighed in relief once he knew Evan was okay.

"But now my clothes are all wet...can we go back inside? Maybe grab a hot chocolate?" Connor looked down at his coat and pants, which were all covered in snow, which would turn to water once they got inside and warmed up.

Evan huffed, but he knew they had been out for a long time. "Okay...can I borrow some sweatpants?" Connor chucked, them grabbed Evan's hand in his, giving him a quick peck on the lips.

He was walking toward the porch when he felt something hit his back softly. He spun around the find Evan now aiming a snowball at his face. Connor lifted his arms up, as if he was being arrested. "Okay, there's no need to go this far..."

Evan just smiled menacingly. "Revenge is a dish well served cold." But Connor had already ran inside before Evan could throw it. Evan threw the snowball to the ground in frustration. "Aw, come on, Con! Wasn't that really good though? I just made that up on the spot wasn't that amazing?"

A/N I hope you liked it craftinginspace I wasn't sure if that was what you wanted, but if you didn't like it I'll write another one...