Saving A Snake

Daya's POV

Daya's POV

"Lexi?" I spoke. She was crying with a clothe covering her mouth so no one would hear her screaming.

"Don't worry we're gonna get you outta here ok?" Dinah said and she nodded. Quincy started working on disarming the bomb while the rest of us searched the warehouse. We all came back and regrouped.

"All clear, hows it coming Quince?" Brian asked.

"Just about....done." He spoke cutting the last wire, just when he cut it a red light started blinking from the corner of the room. I walked over to it.

"It's another bomb." I spoke and there was only 15 seconds left on it.

"Disarming this bomb probably activated the other one." Brian spoke. 10, 9, 8

"Well we dont have time to disarm this one we gotta go." Trev spoke. Dinah quickly cut Lexi free. 7, 6, 5

"Let's go!" Dinah yelled. As we ran out of the warehouse. 4, 3, 2,........1. BOOM!
We all ran to the car and quickly got in and drove off.

***

"You guys look like a mess." Dad spoke as we walked into HQ.

"Yeah, well it's not like I was gonna wear this dress ever again." I replied sitting in one of the chairs.

"And we weren't expecting there to be another bomb after the one we disarmed." Dinah continued giving me a dirty look.

"Oh right, that too." I spoke.

"What, we didn't detect another bomb on the system." Dad spoke.

"Yeah, that's because it didn't go off till after we disarmed the other one." Trev spoke.

"And who's this?" Dad asked nodding toward Lexi.

"She's the one we saved tonight, she was strapped to the bomb."  Quincy answered.

"Which reminds me." I said standing up.

"Sit." I continued as I gestured toward the chair. She walked slowly and sat in the chair. Dinah walked over and put a sensor on her neck, and nodded.

"Tell me all you know." I spoke crossing my arms.

"I-I don't know I was walking home, and a black van stopped and guys with black masks pulled me in and next thing I knew I woke up strapped to a chair." Lexi answered. I looked up at Dinah and waited.

"She's telling the truth." Dinah spoke taking the sensor off her neck.

"Well, at least we don't have to kill her" Mani spoke and I sighed.

"It's getting late and you guys should get some rest for school tomorrow." Dad spoke.

"Yeah, but we need to get her home." Dinah spoke.