Chapter 7

There was a new transfer student. With long, light blue hair that matched her eyes. Sweet, shy, cute, she made friends on her first day of school. I didn't really care about her that much. Until now, that is.

A few days ago~

I got angry very easily now. Picking fights with Budo and never winning them was very frustrating. Now, the things that didn't annoy me made me annoyed, the things that annoyed me made me mad, the things that made me mad made me explode, and the things that made me explode....well, lets not go there. The rest of the members from the martial arts club have been feeling more awkward as each day past. Anyways, so far the transfer student hadn't gotten next to my Senpai. Good. Her name was Maya, I've learned. Apparently she has joined the cooking club. Not that I care anyways. She tried talking to me a few times. And I have to say, it was pretty difficult to keep a smiling face for that long. She made sweet talk about food, the weather, stuff like that.

As I began walking, I saw Budo turn the corner, and when he saw me, his eyes narrowed and his mouth turned into a snarl. It might have looked intimidating, had he not tripped while walking past me and falling. I don't know why I did it, but I reached in to grab him. As I stopped him from falling flat on his face, I took one look at him.... and dropped him. Even his face was so damn annoying. "Look," he said, getting up and stopping me in my tracks. "Lets not fight anymore. The clubs members had been feeling more awkward then usual, and every time I look at your face I either want to rip you to shreds...." I scowled at that. "Or I feel guilty." I blinked at that. That was all the surprise I was willing to show.

"Fine." I said, brushing past him. "But don't expect me to be all happy and cheerful around you." He opened his mouth to retort, but then thought better of it and closed his mouth. Then I realized I've never pretended to be happy and cheerful alone with him. But I didn't let myself think too deep into it as I set a brisk pace walking to class.

That day at the martial arts club we pretended to have made up. The club members seemed to be able to breath easier that day, like if the heavy atmosphere was affecting them. Which in a way, she supposed, it was. It was after school practice, and when I looked outside the I heard footsteps and saw a flash of bright blue.

Eyes narrowed, I excused myself for a bit before going outside to see Maya, peering into the martial arts club outside the door frame, with a blushing face. She didn't even notice me walking (not even trying to be sneaky) up behind her and tapping her on the shoulder. She jumped and let out a surprised squeak. "A-ah hey Yan- chan!" I narrowed my eyes at the nickname, but covered in up with a smile.

"Hey, Maya- chan. May I ask what you're doing her?" "U-um, well," she glanced around to see if anyone was watching. Of course there was no one. People at this time either went home from school or were doing club activities.

Then she held out a cute pink and blue box with a pink note attached to it. "C-could you please give this to Masuta- Senpai?" She whispered quietly. "Why can't you do it yourself?" I asked,  surprised to find myself slightly....annoyed. "I-I-it's embarrassing!" She said. "Then let me ask you this. If you love someone but you're too embarrassed to confess, how will you ever expect to go beyond that?" She looked thought before thanking me. Then she went around asking people where Budo's locker was. I huffed and went back inside to continue sparring.

"Okay, that's good enough for today!" Budo yelled. We changed and packed our things to leave. As we were waking outside to leave, Mina pointed to Budo's locker and asked," what's that?" There was a pink note on it. With a cute pink and blue box next to it. The girl, not knowing his locker combination, had TAPED the box onto the locker with duct tape instead of putting it inside. Budo went over to peel the not off his locker and silently read it, with his friends looking over his shoulders. "It's a love letter!" said Juku. "I never thought the day would come," said Sho, wiping away a fake tear. "Our Budo is all grown up!" "Hey, I'm older then you!" Budo playfully said.

"Hey, Budo, I think you should go meet them!" said Shima. "Yeah!" his friends all agreed and cheered. "Let's go Ayano," they said, pulling me away to let Budo meet up with the "mysterious girl". "Well, see you guys!" Budo said, heading in the other direction. "Oh shoot," I said. "I left my phone in the classroom. I'll see you guys tomorrow," I said, now walking in yet another direction. As I picked up my phone and walked out the door closes to the classroom I went in, I heard voices coming from the garden.

I looked out to see Maya, talking fast, and Budo, scratching his head. I quickly rushed toward one of the hedges, and with my back pressed against it, listened. "Ah-ah you see! I've really really liked you ever since you first helped me on the first day of school! When you stood up for me when those guys surrounded me!" I've never heard that before. She continued,"S-so that's why I'm here now! I w-wanted to ask you if......if you could please by my boyfriend! It would make me very happy! I love you!" She stood there, waiting for her reply.

And me? I didn't stick around to find out. With a clenched fist and a heavy heart, I stomped out of the maze and walked home.

I can't wait for winter break~! And Christmas! And New Year! And holy snickers (yeah I say holy snickers. I said it once on accident in 7th grade and I still say it to this day) winter break~ But I have a couple projects due by winter break.... so that's pretty shitty.....T^T