Chapter 20

Ah~ I'm finally done with my long two weeks of testing~ Was everything always this beautiful? Lolololol anyways I should probably start the chapter now.

Okay, so I didn't need to kill those two kids. In fact, I didn't even need to say anything. Instead the black haired boy just stared at me long and hard, before proclaiming me as a " creepy weirdo" and walking away, his blonde friend trailing him. Ah geez, kids are pretty scary. They make fun of you, but in an ACCURATE way. I heard him retell the story of a creepy weirdo kneeling down in a dark area, to which the other kids also began to stare long and hard at me before bursting out laughing. Well, his description wasn't exactly wrong, per say...

I seriously don't know whether I'm satisfied with how it ended of not.

Budo's POV

Maya didn't come the next day, or the next next day, or the next next next- well, you get what I mean. At this point, you can already find quite a bit of wanted posters with Maya's face on it around the neighborhood or school. And now I'm almost positive that Ayano had something to do with it, considering the way I felt she always looked at Maya. Of course, I still don't know why she would do whatever I think she did, but that's that.

At lunch, I pulled Ayano over to a secluded classroom and asked her, once again, whether she had anything to do with Maya's disappearance. "Why do you keep asking me this?" said Ayano. "Didn't I already say no the other time?" "Well, yeah but I feel like you're behind this, no matter how hard you try to deny it!" "And what makes you say tha-" I interrupted her. "One, you have a record of killing other people before." "But-" "Two, I notice you glaring at Maya, like you're up to something." "That's because-" "Three, it's not just me, Maya also feels the same way when she mentioned something about you and your personalty disorder." "Well-" "Four-"

"OH WILL YOU SHUT THE FXXK UP FOR A SECOND! I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY TOO!" she screamed.

...

...

...

"You may continue," I said, attempting to cover up my shock at the burst of volume in her voice.

She rolled her eyes exasperatedly. "Well, listen here, mister!" she said fiercely. "Have you any proof that I did what you think I did? No! Are you just accusing me from what you think is true? Yes! Are you really gonna take Maya's word? I mean come on! She's not, and, while I regret saying this, there's really no other way to put it, exactly the brightest! Open your eyes, Budo! Do I look like I have a personality disorder to you?!"

I was tempted to say yes, oh so very tempted. Yeah, I'm one of those people who, when someone asks, "Do you really think-" I'd say yes, even if I don't mean it, just because I'm annoyed with them. But I can tell this is not going to improve this conversation, so I just said, "No..."

She huffed, spun around and walked off, slamming the classroom door behind her as she went.

Well, I guess she did have a point in her argument. And maybe I was just being unreasonable. Even the thought of that made me laugh a little to myself. Geez, a martial arts master being unreasonable compared to a murderer, who murders other girls because of love.

That's funny.

Ayano's POV

Wow, that was pretty close. But still, it annoys me that Budo would say that (even though he is right, but that's besides the point!) I was the cause for Maya's disappearance without any clear evidence. Guess that goes to show just how much he trusts me...

Weird thing is, though, after something like that, I would surely have hated, or dislike, most people after that. But for some reason, I still don't hate him. I wonder why...?