Chapter 13

Ayano's POV

Walking back to school the next day, I was greeted with a bunch of questions and worried faces from the members of the martial arts club. "Hey, what was wrong yesterday?" asked Mina. "Ah, I just...um... forgot something," I said. Whew. Please oh please don't ask anymore questions. "Ah, what'd you forget?" asked Shima. Shit no why, what do I say?! The answer? I didn't know what to say. So I pretended that I didn't hear her and looked in the other direction. (Honestly this is what I do all the time when I don't want to answer or do something XD) "Hey, we're gonna be late!" I said all of the sudden and then ran in the other direction.

It wasn't a lie.

We actually were almost late.

Running to class and getting there barely on time, the demon inside of my head was still there. "Ayano~ Ayano~ " the demon said. Why are you still here? Aren't you suppose to disappear for about a month or two by now? "Well you didn't let me take control of your body, so my energy is only slowly going down..." I could imagine the demon pouting at this point. "Ayano~ Ayano~ Ayano~ you have such a temper. I wonder how long you will last. Ayano~ Ayano~" And she kept repeating it. Over. And over. And over again. How long did I last? Five minutes before I snapped, "Shut up!" "Hehe oops guess you said that out loud huh?" Looking around, I found my peers and teacher staring at me. "Ah... oops I was just shouting at my phone because it kept buzzing. Heh." Everyone quickly went back to work. Should I be worried that people find shouting at your phone in the middle of class normal...? The rest of the classes after that until lunchtime pasted by fairly quickly.

When lunchtime finally did come, I wandered around looking for my friends in the martial arts club when I spotted Mina on the rooftop. Cool, so they're probably all eating lunch on the rooftop. Hurrying up the flight of stairs inside the school to the rooftop, I did not expect to see Maya also eating with them on the rooftop. They were all laughing together while eating from bentos, and Maya was in the middle of all the laughter.

It's official. I'm so gonna kill her.

Budo was the first person to spot me. Waving me over, he said, "Hey, Ayano! Come eat!" Putting on a fake smile, I walked over to the group amidst the callings of "oh, there's Ayano! Hey!" and "where were you?" before finally sitting next to Budo and pulling out a bento box of my own. "Hey, Yan-Chan!" Looking over at Maya, I flashed her the biggest, fakest smile of all. "Hello Maya," I said. "Oh, yeah Ayano," Budo said. "Hmm?" "Maya is going to be joining the martial arts club with us! Isn't that great?" I chocked on my food. "W-what?!" "Maya is going to be joining the martial arts club with us! Isn't that great?" I flashed him a look that screamed "really, boi" and said,"I know idiot, I heard you the first time. I was just surprised, thats all." But also angry. Very angry. Rage and that killing sensation that I hadn't felt since those days that I've been stalking Senpa- no Taro, only to see that he was with another girl consumed me.

I couldn't imagine it. Didn't want to imagine future days that the six of us could be spending together to include Maya, probably fixing her admiring gaze onto Budo the whole time. Not to mention, she would be getting stronger in the time we spend together in the martial arts club, and it would be harding to kill her when that happens. The fact that I might have the slightest chance of failing to kill her in the near future made me want to kill her right then and there. But then again, why not kill her when she's fresh, easy prey?

I guess it's time to make a plan to kill her once and for all.