Chapter 8

Budo's POV

Yes, I was flattered, but I didn't like her in that way, not in the slightest. I scratched my head. Shit..... what was I supposed to say?! She waited for my answer, her pink blush growing as the seconds past, her eyes hopeful. I didn't want to break the girl's heart. But I also didn't want to lead her on. So, instead I said, " Well, I mean, I'm flattered and all, but I don't really like you in that way. I'm uh sorry?" She blinked. Once. Twice. Then burst into tears, and started sobbing uncontrollably. Oh no I really screwed up this time! Did I say the right thing?! Should I have sugar coated it more? Give her a chance? Sweat rolled down my back. I panicked the longer she cried.

Finally she stopped crying and took a big, shuddering breath. "Why?" She asked quietly. "Is there something about me you don't like? I-I'll work hard to try and change it!" I shook my head slightly. "It's not you. There's nothing wrong with you. It's just the way I feel. You're a nice girl. You'll find someone one day." With that I patted her head and then walked away.

"W-wait!" She said, grabbing my sleeves to pull me back. "What is it?" I asked, not bothering to turn my head around. "W-well, um would you like to go get some food together?!" She asked, talking fast. "I-I mean if y-you want to of course! Don't feel like you need to! I j-just wanted to repay you for being nice to me that day! W-we could be friends.....if you want. As she said that, finally I turned my head around. And smiled. "That would be great." I said.

She blushed and fiddled with her two index fingers. "I think I saw a nice restaurant down the streets...."
New restaurant huh? My thoughts wondered to Ayano. Maybe I can take her somewhere one day? Weather it's for food or fun? That'd be nice. But she must be too busy stalking her Senpai. While he's nice and all, I really couldn't believe so many girls like him! Ten! I got to know all of them from the time I stal- um followed Ayano without her knowing. One of them was even a delinquent! How'd he got a girl like that to fall for him, I don't know.... Oh wait not ten. Eleven. I almost forgot about Ayano. Ayano. My mind drifted to her.

Ayano's POV

I was feeling something. I don't know what it was, but it feels like my heart had been torn in half. I opened the door to my house and walked into my bedroom, flopping on my bed. I don't know how long I stayed there, but I couldn't have been that long. The world seemed to spin. Ah I forgot about groceries. I haven't gone in two weeks and had just been eating off of mostly instant noodle, instant curry, pizza that you just had to heat up, etc.

At the thought of food, my stomach rumbled as if on cue. I couldn't muster up the strength to get up. But when the pain of it became to much, and my desire for good food too strong, I got up. I didn't even bother to change. Why not just stay in my school uniform? It wasn't like I was going to try and impress someone. So I pulled myself out of bed and looked into the mirror. My eyes had a kind of dead look in them.

I tried fake smiling. It didn't look convincing enough. Well, guess I won't be pulling that trick if I saw someone I knew. But why Budo? Why did my heart feel like it's splitting apart? Shattering to pieces when I saw him with Maya? Maybe I'll search it up on the internet. (Author: hehe whenever I don't know something, I always search it up on Google ^^' . Please don't tell me that I'm the only one who, when they don't know how to spell a word, search it up on Google. It's especially sad when you spell the word so incorrectly that even Google doesn't know what you're trying to say.... ahem, anyways, let's continue with the story) I walked out the door, purse with me. As I locked the door and turned around, I felt someone's presence. I turned around to see Budo. "Ayano? What's wrong?" He said,