Chapter 21

Budo's POV

One day passed and lunch time came. As I was walking past the lunch area, I heard two dudes talking about some magical girl anime. Okay then...

Honestly, I just wanted to make amends with Ayano. It was pretty unfair of me to accuse her of that. So I started running around the whole school looking for her, until I finally found her at the rooftop, a book open in her lap.

Ah shit.... this is awkward. Like, what sound should I make to get her attention? D-do I just call her name? Do I make a little "ahem ahem" sound? Am I over thinking it? Yes. Yes I am. My brain automatically made a scenario where I made the weirdest sound ever to get her attention, which was in turn greeted with a look that screamed "What the hell are you doing" from her.

"What the hell are you doing?" called a voice, knocking me from my imagination. Or wait, maybe it wasn't my imagination?! Did I actually make a weird sound out loud?!

"Seriously though, are you just gonna stand there looking like you can't tell the difference between a cucumber and zucchini at the grocery store, or are you gonna tell me what's wrong," said Ayano. I finally snapped out of the trance and said, "oh, um yeah- hey why'd you compare this situation to cucumbers and zucchinis?"

"..."
"Is this from past experiences?"
"No..."
"Are you sure-"

She went back to reading her book and ignored me.

"Um, hey, I just wanted to apologize for yesterday. It was, uh, really unfair of me to accuse you like that." She kept reading her book. Uwah, she really doesn't want to make this easy for me, huh?

"Hey, is there anything I could do to help?" I asked tentatively. She finally looked up from her book and stared at me for a while before saying, "Yes, I suppose there is something you could do." "W-what is it?" I asked, wanting desperately for her to forgive me for some reason. "Keep your mouth shut. I'm trying to read." And then she went back to her book again. My mouth fell open, but I could see her struggling to hold in a smile. Well, that was a start.

I started grumbling. She gave me a look, raising one eyebrow, and started rummaging in her backpack. Curiously, I looked over to see what she was doing, and was still staring as she pulled out a tape dispenser. Handing me it, she then said, "Here's some tape. Looks like you can use some assistance."

I was still staring at her, disbelievingly, until she burst out laughing.

"You're forgiven," she said, and those words were like music to my ears.

Cute....

My own brain shocked me. What the heck was that thought?! Where did it come from?!

"What now? You look like you're trying to tell the difference between butter and margarine this time." I turned around to stare at her, and she blushed from embarrassment, realizing she made the same mistake again. "W-what? I-it's almost exactly identical, okay?!"

I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"It's not like that!"

"What the fuck, I didn't even say anything!"

But I knew things were back to how they used to be, and that made me smile.

Extra:

I walked around the school, trying to find Ayano's classroom, since she wasn't there at training, and she's never missed a lesson before, even though I told her she only had to attend at least once a week. Maybe my expectations of the chance that she's there is set too high.... Well, anyways, it was pretty easy to find her. A classroom was in an uproar, people taking sides between two people, a boy and a girl. Ayano.

"Hey, all I did was ask for an extra pencil! Why won't you let me borrow it?!" said the guy. "Well, it's my choice whether to give it away or not!" yelled Ayano.

"That would have been fine except for the fact that you said you didn't have one and I saw you put it away!"

"Then let me correct myself. More like I have one, but I don't want to give it to you!"

The guy sighed, which made Ayano say, "What now?!"

Ah... I see... People began to notice my presence. "Hey, what's Budo-Senpai doing in this classroom?" "Does he need someone?" "Is he here for Ayano? She is in the martial arts club after all..."

Hmm. In this situation, I guess you should do this.

I walked over to the guy. He looked kinda nervous when he saw me for some reason. But I grabbed his hands and yelled, "Comrade! She did the exact same to me today to!"

Ayano's reply was a punch that left a nasty bruise.

Hehe tbh I based this chapter (not including the extra) off of what happened in school today. More like I based Ayano off of myself today lol... I'm serious though, can you actually tell the difference between butter and margarine by just LOOKING at it?