Chapter 22

Ayano's POV

Well, now Budo and I are okay with each other again, and there's no more Maya, things reverted back to the way it used to be- wait, who is that new chick with Budo?! I've never noticed her before, and I know pretty much everyone at this school. Or, uh, know of. Got most of the information about them from Info-Chan back in the days when I was trying to find out who liked Taro. It wasn't that hard to memorize most of the students, considering that Akademi High School is a pretty hard school to get in to, so there's not exactly a whole lot of students here....

Anyways, seriously, who is that new girl?! Why is she following Budo around, looking all flirty and stuff? With curly red hair, purple eyes, a face with too much makeup and legit watermelons on her chest, I felt like we were not going to get along well, considering she's already getting on my nerves! Look, I know you shouldn't judge someone by how they look, but I can't help it- she looks like one of those dumb bitches who only got into this school because they came from a super rich family- ah, wait don't we already have one? My mind wandered to Musume and her little group. Must not get distracted! My gaze focused once again on the new girl and Budo.

The new girl grabbed Budo's arms and clung to it- and I went to find a knife in the cooking club. I know that I just considered not killing anyone anymore... was I really a person who went back on their words? Yes. Is there even a point in bothering to fool myself? I just walked straight into the cooking club, grabbed a knife and stuffed it into my pockets (I can finally confirm that their school's skirts have pockets from Yandere Dev's video of A Childhood Lesson! I'm way happier than I should be about this lol"). As I walked outside of the cooking club, I found the new girl surrounded by a crowd of curious people. Since when did she get so popular? And how did she end up here all of a sudden? I was almost convinced that some people had teleporting abilities.

As I was about to pass the crowd, one of the green haired girls, Koharu Hinata, grabbed me by the arms (I was about to say Kokona or Saki, but then I realized I already killed Kokona and I wasn't going to risk picking Saki in case I already killed her off and forgot. I really don't remember who I killed off in the story anymore...). "Hey, Ayano, did you see the new girl?" she asked, whirling me around to face the crowd. The crowd parted when they saw me. Ah great, front rows to see the new girl that I now hated, whoopee, I couldn't be happier. But, nonetheless, I put on a bright smile, introduced myself, and told her how nice it was to meet her before holding out a hand to shake. She smiled brightly too, shaking my hand before turning her back to me. I stared at her back, and as everyone else was conversing, just as I was about to turn around and walk away, I saw her turn her head a fraction of an inch and smile at me. A cold, knowing smile. Was there more to her than met the eye?

I pretended to not realize the coldness in those eyes and smile, to return it with what I could only hope was a real enough smile, before turning away. Let her believe that I was just a dumb, pushover girl...

As school was over and it was time for martial arts. It was a bit early, but I walked towards the club anyways, only to see the new girl conversing with Budo. What are they talking about? Swiftly, I backed up a bit and pressed my back against the wall around the corner, eavesdropping on their conversation. "Hey, can I join the club or not?" asked the new girl. "Um... well." I could tell that Budo was struggling. "Are you really sure you're up to it? I mean...." he trailed off. The new girl impatiently tapped her foot. "And why wouldn't I be?" she said, pretty fiercely. Budo sighed. "Sorry, that was pretty prejudiced of me to compare your skill to how you look- I mean not that I was doing that!" he laughed nervously. Oh, Budo you damn screwed up. She narrowed her eyes. "So that's why you stalled and hoped to indirectly convince me to not join the club?" she exclaimed. "No, of course not!" Budo put his arms up in a cross, making it look like he was shielding himself against evil forces. The girl started lecturing Budo.

"So that means I can join?" she finally asked, batting her eyelashes. "S-sure!" Budo replied. "Just participate in club activities once a week, and you'll be good to go!" As I could sense the conversation ending, I chose at that moment to walked into the club. The girl thanked him and skipped out of the club, brushing past me, flashing that same cold, knowing smile again. Sheesh, even that was starting to piss me off! I turned around to face Budo, only to see him slumped over from his middle. I could practically see the rays of depression seeping out of him, but instead I focused on his posture.

"What are you doing?" I asked. He jumped up looking shocked. "Oh, it's you," he said. "Yeah, it's me." "Is she long gone?" "I think so." "To be honest, I don't think I can deal with girls like that." I nodded sympathetically, with words in my head that were unvoiced. To be honest, I don't think I can either.

Surprisingly enough, I have less time to write this story in the summer. I'm at the country where I was born now. On the other side of the world~ And there's like, no places with WiFi here. Sad... Currently I'm at my cousin's house, the few places I know that has WiFi, so I won't be able to update this story again until I get back, which would be when school starts. Gomen nasai~