Chapter 12

"What the hell do you want this time?" I asked. Ah. It was this again. I was in my own mind, standing in a gray "room" that had no end or beginning, yet it seemed like there was one. Locked in a large cage in the far right of the room, sat a demon. With sickly gray skin with messy shoulder length black hair and pure black eyes, it was a terrifying sight to see.

"Nothing~ I've just heard that you're falling for the martial arts leader~ Have you already forgotten about our precious Senpai?"

"Your precious Senpai. Not mine anymore."

"Aw, come on. Lend me this body. Pretty please?"

"Cut the act. I know how you really are."

"Then you must also know that no matter what I will always win. It has been like this for years, has it not? You're even weaker now because of the other useless emotions you feel. Throw them away. You don't need them. I'm all you need.

"I've never needed you from the start."

The woman suddenly stood up and walked  towards the door of the cage. "You know, it's been really boring sitting in this cage everyday. And why should I hold back anymore when I can break this cage as it is? I've been saving up my energy over the past." And she did. She broke the cage.

"And why should I listen to you anymore? I should just leave."

"W-wait!" cried the demon.

I closed my eyes, slipping back into the real world, not willing to hear the rest of her pleas.

Although I heard the end of it as I was just making it to the other side. "You'll regret this and come running back one day, Ayano..."