Chapter 14

Budo's POV

I was starting to get worried as I saw Ayano's eyes get slowly darker as I told her the news. That...must mean that she's planning something bad, right? I could tell that her earlier smiles were all fake, because while it would seem like a convincing bright smile to everyone else, after seeing those dark sides of her, the darkness in her smile was also spottable. But if there was any chance I was wrong when I confront her about what she may be planning, then I would feel like the scum of all scum because I didn't trust her enough.

I guess the only thing I can do is watch her closely....

Eh, I'll think about it more after I finish eating. I'm starving....

Ayano's POV

Forcing a smile throughout of lunchtime, I had time to myself while eating to think about how I should kill Maya. With the occasional laughter here and there, where I had to force myself to join in to appear like I was listening, a bunch of ideas came to my head. Most of which I crossed off. I don't want Budo seeing me do this. I don't know why I feel this way, considering he has seen me murder Osana, Amai, Kizana ect., ect.

Oh how I wish I could just torture and then kill her. But I guess I have to go straight to the swift killing and depose of body part. Now I just have to find the right moment to kill her....and then an idea popped into my mind. I heard they had just brought a vending machine in the cooking club...  "Hey, I'm gonna go grab something to snack on. You guys want anything?" I said. Everyone gave their answer, and I stored it into my memory before saying, "Hey, Maya, come help me carry them please." I didn't even have to force a smile this time. Just thinking about using one of the knives and stabbing it into Maya's neck brought a smile to my face.

"Ah, yeah, sure Yan-Chan!" said Maya. Perfect. Just as we were leaving to go, I heard a voice from behind. "Hey, do you need an extra hand?" I turned around to see Budo getting up. "Hehe, no it's okay, besides Maya and I can both carry three stuff each. There's no need for an extra hand," I said. "It's okay, I insist," Budo said again. "No, really, you don't have to," I said with a slight edge to my voice this time. Back and forth it went, the atmosphere getting darker each time one of us refused again. Finally, Maya said," Yan-Chan, you can stay here. I'll go with Budo okay? What do you want?" Like hell I want those two alone together.... Wait what? Whats the big deal? Budo can be alone with any girl. It's fine....

I shrugged to appear like I didn't care and gave my answer. As Maya and Budo turned to leave, I struck up a conversation with the rest of the martial arts members, pinning my icy glare at Budo's back as he ascended down the stairs with Maya. Damn you Budo.... you ruined my plans!

Meanwhile...

Budo's POV

I sneezed as I walked down the stairs... For some reason it felt like there was bits of ice stuck to my back. And only as I reached the last step of the stairs before rounding the corner that the feeling went away. Huh, that was weird....