Chapter 2 - Exploring the Unknown

A/N: Hi everyone! I hope you all like the story so far! I'm trying to keep regular updates, so no one gets angry. This is chapter 2, of Ainsley and Ben's journey! Woo!! -throws confetti- Anyway, don't forget to vote and comment! <3 -Erin

Chapter 2 - Exploring the Unknown

-------------------------------------

We've been riding in the car for six and a half hours now, and I was getting restless. We had only stopped once for a break and that's also when Ben got in the backseat to sit beside me. I guess he thought I was lonely so he wanted to keep me company, who knew this huge goofball would be so sweet. Ben stretched out his legs over the center console and they hung off the edge a little. His whole body was facing me and he had his arms crossed over his chest, staring at me. I didn't like people staring at me so I glanced at him from my peripheral vision. "Why do you keep staring at me?" Both he and Aaron laughed out loud, and I had a frustrated look on my face.

Ben shook his head and finally spoke after a few seconds of silence. "Just so you know, Ainsley, the girlfriend is still in the house. Don't be surprised if there's an argument later on. Just a fair warning, even though I don't think she'd care to have a younger girl in the house but just in case." Aaron dropped his mouth open and started laughing loudly. "Dude! Rhi is going to freaking kill you! Alright I gotta pull over so I don't kill us all from laughing." At the mention of "kill" Ben had a worried look on his face but brushed it away. I glance at Ben, and giggle like a little girl. Aaron pulls the car over onto the shoulder of the highway. Aaron lays his head on the steering wheel and laughs once more until his face turns red. "Ok, I'm done. I'll finish when I hear things being thrown." I raise an eyebrow at Ben, he rolls his eyes and props his head up on his elbow. "Just ignore him, there won't be any violence...at least I hope not anyway." Aaron pulls out onto the road again and continues our drive.

About an hour later, we pull into a paved driveway, that leads to an enormous house. My mouth drops open at the sight, taking in every detail about it. Ben is the first one out of the car, along with Aaron. I focus on the house, unable to look away from its columns on each end of the set of stairs that lead to a beautiful wooden door. I step out of the car and hear the sound of crashing waves and seagulls crying. "You live by the beach!" I say excitedly, jumping up and down. Aaron laughs and turns towards the house. I follow both men and stop when Ben opens the front door and let's us in before closing the door behind him. "Rhi! We're finally back!" At the mention of Rhi, a blonde haired woman skipped into the living room from the kitchen. She squealed and hugged Ben and Aaron, she looked at me with a confused look but hugged me anyway.

"Oh my gosh, Ben! I'm so glad your back, I missed you guys!" The guys laugh together and give her a big hug back. She looks at me and smiles. "Hi there! My name is Rhiannon." I smile politely and softly speak back to her. "It's nice to meet you, Rhoannon, my name is Ainsley Scott." I look around at my surroundings and gape. Ben notices my amazement, and stands beside me. "If think this is amazing, just wait till you see the rest." He walks past me and I take it as a sign to follow him. We walk up a flight of stairs and stop at the first door.

He opens the door and holds it open for me so I can go in first. It was a bedroom, with a large bed against the wall facing the door, a dresser against the opposite wall and the closet was beside the bed. "This is going to be your room, it's plain but we don't have many guests unless it's one of the guys, and they usually take the floor or couch." The sound of a cell phone ringing interrupted the silence, and it was Ben's. He looked at the screen and held it out for me. I looked down at the phone and back up at Ben in confusion. When he saw that I was clearly confused, he laughed and put the phone in my hand. "It's your mom, she is probably freaking out because I haven't called her yet."