Chapter 18 - Life Is A Game

Hey guys! So, please don't hate me because it's taken me this long to update! I've been so busy but I'm on summer break from school and I'm officially a senior! Yay! Chapter 18 is here! Just to clear up any confusion about Ainsley's pregnancy, she is about 1 month and 2 weeks in :) Read on! To the side (or a bove) is a picture of Mason :)

Chapter 18 - Life Is A Game

---------------------------------

Ainsley's POV

July 1, 2014

(6 weeks)

I had finally told her. I told my mom that I was pregnant, I didn't tell her who the father was but I bet she already knew. She made me a doctor's appointment for some bloodwork and to make sure I was really healthy and that the baby was going to be healthy. I glance at the clock nervously, I was wishing the time would go by more quickly than it was. As the first tube of blood was drawn, I nearly fainted at the sight of it. My mother gripped my hand in support and she gave me a reassuring smile. I knew she was angry at Ben for doing this to me but I had a part in it too, she just doesn't understand that I wanted this, I want to have a baby I just wish it wasn't so early. I'm sixteen and pregnant, wow I should be on MTV right now for my mistake.

It felt like hours but after my blood pressure was taken and six tubes of blood drawn from my body. The doctor, Mr. Rosen, said I was a month and two weeks pregnant today and my due date was around the 10th of February. It excited me that I had made it this far but there were still going to be risks and I had to be very careful for the sake of my child.

The next morning, I got up unexpectedly because I had to run into the bathroom and empty my stomach because of the morning sickness that I was dreading since the first day I had it. It was a little over two weeks now since I left New Jersey and Ben behind, my heart was still shattered but at least I had Mason to keep me company. He was living next door to us and my mother let him stay the night from time to time so I would have some company.

She wasn't afraid of leaving us in my room together because I was already pregnant. What could happen? I flush the toilet and wash my mouth out with water. Mason quietly knocked on the door, waiting until I said something before he opened the door. "Morning sickness?" Oh right, Mason knows that I'm pregnant now, he was pretty shocked but he accepted it quickly.

I nod my head and he holds out a glass of water for me. I smile and take the water from him, gulping it down quickly. He grabs the glass from me and grins widely at me. "Are you nervous about starting your second semester of junior year with me?" I shook my head and rested my hands over my unborn child, just like I would continue to do for the next eight and a half months.

I was going to have so much excitement coming in the next few weeks, especially since I would be finding out what the baby is in a couple of weeks. I didn't care what the gender was, although I was hoping for a little girl but whatever it turned out to be, I was going to be happy either way. I snap back to reality and remember that Mason had just asked me a question. "Uh...no. Sorry, I've got a little on my mind right now." I say looking down at my small, but unnoticeable baby bump.

No one would ever think that I was pregnant, they would just think that I had gained a little weight over the summer. Not a huge deal with someone like me. Mason nodded his head and gave me a devilish grin. "Do you want something to eat? Your mom went to work and told me to make sure you were eating plenty."

I roll my eyes that my mom was so concerned about me and my child, as if, she really cared for it since of who the father was. Speaking of Ben, I hadn't heard from him since I left. I was pretty hurt that he wouldn't call to check up on me but I guess he is more worried about finishing up his third album, rather than my health.