Chapter 14

Hey guys, before we get started, I just wanted to thank everyone who reads for their support toward this book, and any of my other books that you may read. I know last chapter was really long but, I won't make them that long anymore, unless you want me to, so comment if that's the case. Other than that, Enjoy the Chapter 😉

Alexis Pov
My eyes slowly flutter open as I wake up. Feeling something gripping me, I look down to see Christopher's arms wrapped around me. I groan at the soreness between my legs. My eyes glance around the room, as I stare at the mess we made. Our clothes were tossed all over the room and our covers were tossed off the bed. That's when I realized we were only covered by a very thin sheet and under this sheet, we were both completely naked. I have no idea why I was so mad yesterday, I can't remember, and I feel really bad about what I was doing to him yesterday. I didn't want to wake him up, but I needed to go to the bathroom. I tried to get out of his grip, only for him to pull me closer.

"Where you goin?" He asks, sleep evident in his voice. Never have I heard a more sexy voice in my life. "I need to go to the bathroom." I say quietly and he lets me go. I go to get up, only for my lower half to shake and buckle, sending me crashing to the floor. I hear Chris laugh and I playfully glare at him. "It's not funny, it hurts." I whine and he gets up and picks me up off the ground. "Let's get you in the bathtub, yeah?" He says and I smile with a nod.

After carrying me to the bathroom, he gently sits me on the toilet, he starts running my bath water. "Chris." I sigh and he turns to me. "I'm.... really sorry about my attitude lately." I confess, looking down. "Alexis, it's okay sweetie, I'm over it. Don't feel bad. Besides, I worked that attitude outta ya last night." He says and smirks. I smile and blush. "Yeah, you did, you put in work, I can't lie." I shrug and he scoffs. "You damn right!" He shouts playfully and I laugh. Chris is fool sometimes. Then his phone rings. "I'll be right back, in the meantime, you get into the water." He says and I nod. "Sir yes sir!" I exclaim and he chuckles, shaking his head. When he walks out, I clutch onto the counter and limp towards the water.

"Almost there." I mumble to myself, my whole lower half was completely sore. I allow myself to sink into the water and it feels amazing. "What? How did that happen? Who was it? You don't know? How the hell don't you- Well fucking find out goddamnit!" I hear Chris yell into the phone. "Chris? Is everything okay?" I yell to him. I hear him coming into the bathroom. "Honestly, no." He admits, sighing. "Hey, hey. Talk to me." I urge. "Somebody alerted the Coven where our base is." He says and I squinted in confusion. "The Coven? Who are they?" I ask. "The Coven is a group of vampires, determined to wipe us out, and experiment on us to discover our day-walking abilities." Chris explains. A small piece of me begins to worry. "So they know where we are?" I question and he nods.

"Not just me and you, the entire pack." He says and now I'm completely worried. "And we don't know who told them?" I ask and he nods. "Okay, what now?" I say. "Well, we have to move. The best time would be today. So this afternoon, we'll be going elsewhere." He explains. "Where?" I question. "I don't know. We'll find out soon. You feeling better?" He asks, kneeling down next to the tub. "Oh yeah, way better." I exclaim and he chuckles. "Good. You mind if I get in?" He asks. "And what exactly are you planning to do when you get in?" I ask and he laughs. "Just to relax, Luna." He playfully rolls his eyes. "Okay." I shrug and he gets in with me. Yeah, he's still naked.

When he gets in, he motions for me to come to him. Obeying, I crawl in between his legs and rest myself against his chest. We sat like that for awhile before actually washing up in the shower. Once we were out, I threw on some clothes before getting in the car with Chris to pick up Mystic. Once we got to Mama's house, Chris went inside to get Mystic because my legs were still pretty sore. Chris came out carrying Mystic and Mama sees me and waves. I wave back and smile as Chris jogs to the car. He slides Mystic in the back and climbs in the front seat.

"Chris." He looks at me while starting the car. "Yeah?" He asks as we pull off. "Do you really think I'll be a good mom?" I ask and he laughs. "I hope you're just kidding with that question. How many times I gotta tell you, the answer is yes. You'll be the greatest mom the world has to offer." He reassures me as he rubs my thigh soothingly. I smile and nod, looking back at Mystic. She was asleep surprisingly.

Once we got home, Chris IMMEDIATELY started packing our things up. "Mom?" Mystic calls. "Yes, sweetheart?" I respond. "Why is he packing our things? Where are we going?" She asks, curiously. "We're going away for a little while." I gave her a half-truth. "Like a vacation?" She perks up and I smile. "Yeah. A vacation. I promise it'll be so much fun." I convince her and she starts smiling and jumping up and down on the couch. Chris comes downstairs with some suitcases and smiles at Mystic. "Mystic, what are you so happy about?" Chris asks and she runs over to him.

"We're going on a vacation! Why didn't you tell me?" She complains with a pout and Chris looks confused for a second before catching on. "I wanted it to be a surprise. Matter of fact, August and Ayana are coming over to take you shopping." Chris says and Mystic lights up. "Yay!" She yells and just then, the door opens. "Ayana!" Mystic screams and runs over to her. "Hey boo. You ready to go shop til we drop?" Ayana asks. "Totally." Mystic cheers. "Alright, go ahead and get in the car girl. I'll be right behind you." Ayana giggles and Mystic goes to the car. "Thanks for getting her out of the house, how long you guys gonna take her?" Chris asks. "How long do you need her gone?" Ayana questions. "Well, truthfully, I don't know. It's a lot to pack up in this house." He says and looks around the place.

"Well, just call when you want me to bring her back." Ayana says, and the car horn honks. "See ya later, Ayana." I wave and she waves back before leaving. Chris goes back to packing. "You need help?" I ask, preparing to get up, and surprisingly, my legs felt perfectly fine. Hmm, they felt like hell less than an hour ago. Oh well. "You can pack up your clothes." Chris says. I nod and go upstairs. I decided to call my mom. "Hello?" My Mom answered. "Hey Mom. What are you doing?" I ask and she sighs. "Your father and I are getting ready for the move. You and Chris should be getting ready too." She scolds and I laugh. "We are, I'm packing up our clothes right now. Chris is getting other stuff." I tell her. "Okay. Good. When we have arrived, you'll know alright? Now hurry, we'll be leaving soon." My Mom assured me. "No worries Mom, we'll be done soon." I say, grabbing a box and filling it with clothes. We say our goodbyes and I hang up.

Around 45 minutes later, I had managed to pack up most of our clothes. "You almost done?" Chris says, scaring the shit out of me. "Jesus Christ! Chris stop doing that!" I exclaim angrily. "Jeez, sorry. Anyways, my question..." He drags out. "Almost done. How bout you?" I ask. "Yeah, I'm pretty much done too." He shrugs and I furrow my eyebrows. "What about all the furniture? And everything else I paid for?" I ask, crossing my arms. He chuckles before pecking my lips. "I promise, whatever we have here, there is a way better version wherever we're going." He says and pecks my lips again. This time I kiss back and we end up making out. His tongue goes in my mouth and I moan a little. I quickly pull away. "We have to finish this, remember?" I point at the clothes in boxes. "Yeah, that ain't the only thing imma finish." Chris mumbles and I playfully smack the back of his head. "Heard that. Now quit being nasty and help me pick these clothes up." I say and we get to work.

Hey guys. A nice chapter for you today. Enjoy 🙋🏽‍♀️<——— me waving ☺️☺️☺️☺️