Chapter 18

Alexis POV
"What?" I say and I watch them wheel Ayana away to the emergency room. August follows next to the gurney holding Ayana's hand. Ayana wasn't at full term yet, so her going into labor wasn't a good thing. Chris grabbed me and followed behind the gurney as well. Once we had reached the room, all you could hear is whimpers and cries. I walked to the opposite side of the gurney and held her other hand. "It hurts, it hurts." she whines and I nod. "I know honey, I know. Just breathe." I tell her and she nods. The doctor comes in. "Ayana, we can save you and your babies. All I need from you is to do as told, okay?" she explains and Ayana nods. "Okay, okay." Ayana repeats. "Good, I need you to prop your legs up on these stirrups." Ayana does as told and the doctor sits in front of her.

"This is gonna hurt a little bit, but I'm going to check how far along you are okay?" she says and Ayana nods. The doctor takes two fingers and slides them in, making Ayana hiss. "I know, I know." The doctor says compassionately as she continues to check. She finishes and looks at Ayana. "As of right now you are about 10 centimeters dilated and your cervix as effaced, this means that the babies are ready to be born." The doctor explains. "I'm going to call in some nurses and we will prep you for birth." the doctor says and then leaves. Ayana huffs and looks at August and I. "I'm scared. I'm not suppose to be in labor, I'm not due until next month or so. The babies aren't ready, I'm not ready-" she rambles before August cuts her off. "Baby, if they weren't ready to come out yet, you wouldn't be in labor."

Ayana nods and lays back against the pillows. "Relax baby, relax." August says. Ayana starts breathing again, and I look over at Chris. He looked back at me and gave me a reassuring smile. The doctor comes back in with a couple of nurses following her. "Okay, Ayana, are you ready?" the doctor asks. "More than ready!" she exclaims in pain. The doctor chuckles a bit while putting on her gloves and mask. "Okay. Would you like an epidural or a natural birth?" the doctor inquires. "The drugs. Give me the drugs." Ayana says and August furrows his eyebrows. "I thought you wanted a natural birth?" August asks and she glares at him. "That was before all the pain. I won't survive without the drugs. GIVE. ME. THE. DRUGS!" She exclaims loudly. After they give her the epidural. She begins pushing. "Come on, Ayana. I need you to push." The doctor says. Ayana shakes her head, panting wildly. "I can't- I'm so tired." She whines, throwing her head back. "No, you gotta push baby, you gotta." August says.

Ayana gives him the meanest glare. "If it wasn't for you. I wouldn't have to be pushing, now would I?" she says and he chuckles. "If I remember correctly, who's the one that said 'NUT-" Ayana shushes him while blushing. I laugh and she gives a weak smile. She begins pushing. "I see the first baby's head, come on, you're almost there!" the doctor happily cheers. That gives Ayana the motivation to push even harder. She lets out a scream as she gives the biggest push. My eyes widen as I hear a baby crying. "It's a boy!" the doctor exclaims and hands the baby to the nurse.

Ayana watches with a tired smile for a moment until she groans in pain

Ayana watches with a tired smile for a moment until she groans in pain. "I need to push!" She whines and the doctor stops her. "You can't push yet, I have to make sure the second baby is in position." The doctor says and feels her abdomen and then switching to back to her vaginal area. "Alright, it's in perfect position. Ms. Alsina, how you feeling? You in pain?" Ayana blushes at the name mistake, briefly locking eyes with August. "Um, I'm in a little bit of pain, yes." Ayana says and the doctor nods. "Okay, I'm gonna give you another epidural, is that alright?"  The nurse confirms and Ayana nods eagerly.

"Yeah, go ahead, drug me up." Ayana says, and the nurse chuckles before positioning her to get her epidural. Ayana repositions herself back into the stirrups. "Okay, are we ready to push?" The doctor asks and Ayana breathes out. "Yes." She says and begins to give birth. The vein in Ayana's temple flexed as she growls and pushes out the second baby. "Come on sweetie, you're almost there, we can see the head." I attempt to motivate her. August raises his eyebrows and goes to look. "August, don't-" I try to stop him but it was too late. He looks and nearly falls to the floor, only for Chris to catch him, laying him across a couch.

"Is he gonna be okay?" Ayana asks worriedly. The doctor chuckles. "Don't worry, happens all the time. He'll wake up in a bit. You focus on delivering this baby." She says and Ayana nods. She grips my hand and pushes as hard as she can. "Come on, push girl push!" I encourage and she lets out a scream pushing with everything she had. We quiet down, hearing the baby crying. "It's a girl!" The doctor coos, handing the second baby to a nurse. Ayana smiles tiredly before closing her eyes.

10 Minutes LaterMe and Chris watched as August and Ayana held both the babies

10 Minutes Later
Me and Chris watched as August and Ayana held both the babies. I pull out my phone and record them. "What's their names?" I ask and Ayana looks over at me. "Uh uh! Why you recording me? I look like trash right now." Ayana says and uses her free hand to cover her face. August laughs and shakes his head. "Their names are Shuri and Daniel." August says. I nod and focus the camera on the babies. "Look at these two cuties!" I coo and I watch as Shuri smiles. Chris grabs my phone and points it at me. "That's gonna be us soon." Chris says into the camera and kisses my cheek.

"I wanna cherish all these moments." Chris says and looks me in the eyes. "Me too. This was too beautiful to not record." I chuckle watching August coo over his babies. "I just want it to be like this forever." I mumble and lay my head against Chris's chest. "Me too." Chris says and kneels down next to my stomach. "Hey guys," Chris says recording himself. "I want you guys to know that daddy and mommy love you guys so much. When you get here, daddy promises to protect all of you with his life. Always listen to ya momma. Even if she is acting crazy." He mumbles the last part, causing me to pop him in the head. "Heard that." I say and he shakes his head, looking in the camera.

"Y'all see what I'm talking about? Daddy did nothing to deserve that

"Y'all see what I'm talking about? Daddy did nothing to deserve that." He says. "Keep talking and our kids gonna see mommy beat you up." I say and he fake cries. "See? Mommy is mean and abusive." He says and I laugh, taking the phone from him. "Hey guys, it's mommy! Don't listen to daddy. He's the crazy one, not me. Him being crazy is the reason y'all are being born so." I shrug and Chris looks up at me. "Ah hell nah, you not bouta be lying to our kids." His country accent coming through. I laugh before pouting. "I wouldn't lie to you guys, daddy IS the crazy one. Please believe me!" I fake beg and Chris laughs. I cut the recording off and he stands up. "Just a damn liar." Chris says. "Not I." I say. "Mhm.... right baby, right." He says.

Wazzzzuuppp? I'm back with a update, it's a little shorter than usual but I wanted to give y'all a little sum sum to read until I get to the true tea that is the next couple chapters, that shiii gon be something serious. But anyways. Enjoy ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️