Chapter 20

Alexis POV
1 1/2 Months Later
"Jay, shut up!" I yell playfully as he laughs. We walked majority of the carnival while I held a ice cream cone in my hand. A woman walks up to us. "I don't want much but I just wanna say you guys are a very LOVELY couple." She cooed. I go to talk but am stopped by this aching feeling. I stare at her face, I felt as if I know her from somewhere. As if I've talked to or known her. "Oh no, we're not together, just friends." Jayceon responds and I snap out of my thoughts when I feel a hand on my pregnant stomach. "You look like you're ready to pop!" She exclaims and I feel uncomfortable but play it off with a smile. "Oh any day now." I say and she nods, walking away. I make a slightly confused face but Jayceon decides he wants to keep moving. "That was... kind of awkward." I mumble and laugh. "We are in white people's neighborhood, not to many sane folk I know 'round these parts.' he says, throwing a country accent in at the end. I nearly spit my drink out and laugh. My phone rings and I smile, seeing Chris's name pop up on my screen. I answer quickly. "Hey hubby." I coo and he chuckles. "Whatchu doing Alexis?" he asks and I glance at Jayceon. "Oh we're just at the carnival on 4th." I answer. "You and Jay?" Chris asks. I sigh, already knowing where this is going. "Yep." I mumble as Jayceon smiles at me. Chris sighs and I wait for him to lay into me. "Ight be safe." he says and I stare at the phone in confusion.

"Excuse me?" I say and he snickers. "What? All I said was be safe." he says. "I know but-" I cut my self off. "You know what? Never mind. I'm gonna leave this here. I should be home before 7ish?" I look at Jay for confirmation. Jay nods. "Oh okay, by the way, we gotta talk when you get home. I have something to tell you." Chris sighs. I immediately get concerned. "What's wrong?" I ask. "Nothing love, just something we gotta talk about in person, ight?" he says and I nod as if he could see me. "Yeah, okay." I finally respond. "I love you, have fun." Chris says and I smile. "Love you too, Chrissy Pooh." I say and he chuckles. "What I tell you about calling me that name?" He says sternly. "Sorry Christopher." I say playfully. "You know what? Bye little girl." He says and I snicker. "Oh I gotcha little girl. Watch when I get home." I threaten. "Girl BYE. You aint gon' do nothing. Not while you carrying them babies anyways." He adds and I stare down at my pregnant stomach.

"Mhm, we'll see about that when I get home." I tell him and hang up. "You good?" Jay asks and I laugh. "Oh, that's just how we talk, we cool. Where are we going next?" I ask and he smirks. "Actually I wanted to go into the mall nearby, pick up some shoes I wanted. You mind?" He asks and I shrug. "I'm up for it, besides, I need to get some more makeup and clothes myself." I tell him. We walk to his car and he opens the door for me. "Such a gentleman." I say jokingly. "Guess I'm the nicest gangsta you'll ever meet." He says, closing the door once I'm fully in the car. He gets in and drives off. We get to the mall and go inside and in front of me is the largest Christmas tree I've ever seen. "Oh my goodness! It's huge." I mumble in awe and Jayceon smirks. "Wouldn't be the first time I heard that." He says and elbow him. "Just nasty." I shake my head and hand him my phone. "Take my picture?" I ask and he obliges, telling me to go pose next to the tree. I waddle over as quickly as possible.

"Ready?" He asks and I nod, positioning my bag to cover my baby bump and turning to face the camera. The flash goes off and I waddle back over to Jay. "How's this?" He asks and hands me my phone so I could see the picture.

 "How's this?" He asks and hands me my phone so I could see the picture

"Cute!" I say and send it to Chris. We walk to the Foot Locker and I sit outside on a bench while Jayceon goes in to get his shoes. I hiss in pain as I look down at my stomach. "You guys need to stop treating my stomach like a punching bag. I have feelings too, you know?" I talk to my babies, rubbing my stomach. My hand feels a kick and I laugh. "You know what? You guys are mean." I say pouting playfully. Suddenly, I feel a strong urge to pee. "Oh shit. Let me find a bathroom before I soak the floor." I say, struggling to stand. I look for the nearest Target or Walmart. Not spotting any signs, I walk up to a couple. "Excuse me, do you guys happen to know where the Target is?" I ask, trying not to do the pee dance. They give me directions and I thank them, heading in the path they instructed me to. Once I find the Target, I sigh in relief, going to the back where the bathrooms normally are. "Men's.... Women's!" I exclaim and go as fast as I can into the bathroom. Going in the largest stall, I quickly yank my jeans down and squat, not sit. No telling what germs are on these nasty toilets.

After I finished, I wiped and flushed the toilet. I go to wash my hands only to nearly have a heart attack when I see Jayceon standing by the door. "Holy fuck!" I exclaim, clutching my chest. "Jesus Jayceon, you tryna give me a heart attack?" I say and he chuckles, not moving. "My bad." He says as I wash my hands. "How'd you even know I was in here anyway?" I ask and he smirks. "I followed you." He smiles. "That's...uh... pretty creepy. You wanna get out though? This is the ladies room." I say trying to walk out, only for him to block my path, standing in front of the door.

" I say trying to walk out, only for him to block my path, standing in front of the door

My stomach begins to turn in knots and I gulp, feeling nervous. "Uh, can you move, I would like to get out of here?" I say and he smirks. "Now come on, you a smart lil mama, you and I both know I aint moving." He says and lifts his hoodie up to reveal a gun. 

Hey Yall i know yall prolly like "Damn bitch about fucking time" and i know, i promised yall a chapter like a month ago but i was feeling really unmotivated to write anything. But imma try to make up for lost time. Maybe I should start working out a schedule to put out chapters? Idk but I hope yall enjoyed this chapter though