Chapter 16

Alexis Pov
"What?!?" I nearly shout in disbelief. I'm not pregnant, there's no way in hell I'm pregnant. "You're pregnant sweetie. The only instance in which a female wolf may not be able to turn would be if they were pregnant." Mama assures me and I shake my head, chuckling. "No, I am not pregnant. Besides, I mean, Chris and I only recently had sex. It can't happen that fast, right? Right?" I say, slightly worried.

Chris's Pov
"Baby, call down." I tell her, as I transform back into a human. She looks at me and does this, eerily calm laugh. "Calm down? Are you the pregnant one?" She says and I smirk. "So, you accept that you're pregnant?" "No, I don't. Because there's NO. FREAKING. WAY. I am pregnant. Not this quickly. Actually, you know what? I gotchu guys, haha. I can transform. I just wanted to prank you. That was funny, I am such a great actress." She rambles and I chuckle. "Okay then. Transform and we'll go to the party." I shrug and she gives me a death glare.

My mom stifles her laughter before going back to her human form and hugs Alexis. Suddenly, Alexis bursts into tears. What was she crying for? "I'm scared Mama, Chris. I've never been pregnant before." She says and I furrow my eyebrows. "I would like to hope not." I say half-serious, half-joking. Alexis laughs, wipes a tear from her eye and sniffles. "I guess being pregnant won't be so bad. I mean, I get to eat whatever I want. Piss Chris off on purpose and most importantly, be lazy all day." She says and laughs. I rub her back comfortingly and Mama tells us to go inside to relax and we'll all go out tomorrow. Alexis walks in ahead of me.

August and Ayana look at us. "Where were you guys? We put Mystic to bed already." Ayana asks. "Alexis is pregnant." I say proudly and Ayana lights up until Alexis turns to me. "Don't tell them that. We don't know for sure." Alexis says and August clears his throat. "Well, can you transform?" August asks and Alexis shakes her head. "Well then, you're pregnant." He shrugs and laughs. "How would you know?" She asks, a slight attitude laced in her tone. "Well, I don't know, maybe because I'm a doctor." He says sarcastically and I stifle my laughter.

"Whatever. The only way to know for sure is to get a pregnancy test tomorrow morning. I've had quite a day so I'm going to bed." Alexis says and groggily walks up the stairs. I chuckle and follow her upstairs. I watch her strip into one of my shirts and climb into the bed. "Comfortable?" I ask and she sighs. "Yeah, my back hurts though. Can you massage it for me?" She asks innocently. I chuckle and tell her to turn over. I straddle her, lift her shirt up to reveal her caramel skin and get to work. "Mhm." She moans and I smirk. "Feels good?" I ask. "Ugh, better than sex." She mumbles and I stop, raising my eyebrow.

She looks back at me. "Why'd you stop?" She questions. "You and I both know DAMN well that this massage ain't nowhere near as good as sex." I state and she laughs. "Did what I say really bother you that much?" She asks and I nod my head. She slithers from under me and sits in a position similar to mine. "Aw, I'm sorry baby. Your dick is phenomenal, okay?" She says and kisses my lips. "I know." I smirk, confidently. "Can you finish my massage now?" Alexis begs and I smile. "Only if you say 'Chris, you have the best dick ever'," I say and she laughs. "I'm not saying that, Christopher."

She says and falls back on the bed, staring up at me. I shake my head at her. "Why not?" I ask and she shrugs. "I don't want to." she says and starts to get under the covers. I quickly grab her hands. "Nope. We're not playing that game." I say and she looks up at me. "What game? Who said I was playing? I'm genuinely tired." she mumbles and pulls her hands out of my grip. I watch her cuddle herself up under the covers and turn her side, going to sleep. "I wasn't done." I state. "Well, I am. Goodnight!" she exclaims and goes to sleep. After a few minutes of trying to wake her up, I gave up and just went to bed.

The Next Morning

Alexis's Pov

"Chris, get up." I shake his shoulder and start to get dressed. He groans and I turn back to him, only to see him turn over and try to go back to sleep. "Chris, get up, seriously." I say more sternly. He grumbles and turns toward me. "Hmm?" he mumbles. "Come on, I gotta go get the test." I say and he sighs and grabs his phone. "It's only 10:30. Do you really have to go this early?" He asks. "Chris, 10:30 isn't even early. You know what? I'll just ask Ayana. She'll go with me. Stay in bed." I mumble angrily. "Alexis-" "Save it." I cut him off and leave the room. I make a beeline straight toward August and Ayana's room and knock on their door. Ayana opens it and yawns. "Hey girl, wassup?" she asks. "Can you drive me to the pharmacy? I need to get the test." I say, looking down.

"Wasn't Chris suppose to take you?" she says and leans against the doorway. "Yeah, but he didn't wanna get out of bed so, could you take me? Please?" I kind of beg. "Yeah, of course, give me a minute to get dressed." she says and I nod, walking away. I sit on the stairs and wait. Minutes later, Ayana appears next to me, dressed in leggings and a hoodie, similar to me. "Okay, let's go." She says and I stand up, following her to the car. We GPS the nearest pharmacy and head there. "You...... ok?" Ayana asks and I nod. "Yes, of course, just fine. Why wouldn't I be?" I half-smile at her. "You're not acting like it. You acting like someone hurt your feelings." she says. I don't say anything.

She pulls into the parking lot of the pharmacy and I quickly get out of her car and go inside. I gotta learn to hide my feelings better. I quickly scour the aisles one by one until I find them. "First Response pregnancy test. 99% accurate. Sounds good." I say and grab three. Just to be sure. Going to the counter, the older cashier begins to ring me up. She looked kind of familiar but I couldn't put my finger on why. "Hmm, pregnant are we?" she comments and I laugh. "That's what I'm trying to figure out." I respond and she laughs. "I remember when I found out I was pregnant. I was so young. Good thing I was already on a good path and I was prepared for it. Pregnancy is pretty hard. I hope you're ready for that kind of commitment and responsibility." she says and I nod.

"Here's hoping, have a great day!" I exclaim and we exchange smiles. I quickly walk out and try not to think much about the cashier's words, they're just words right? I climb back in the car and Ayana sighs. "Are we gonna keep pretending nothing's wrong with you or, are you gonna speak up?" she asked and I sigh, smiling. "Ayana, I am fine, perfectly fine." I state and she chuckles. "Yeah... ok." she mumbles and drives us back home. Not saying anything to anyone, I make a beeline for the closest bathroom and sit on the toilet, reading the instructions. "Alexis, you in here?" Chris asks. I thought about not responding but it was too late. Chris had already cracked open the door. "Chris, get out! I gotta do the test." I exclaim quickly, placing my foot by the door. His eyes widened and he quickly shut the door. I sigh, and butterflies fill my stomach.

"Let's do this." I mumble to myself. 

~10 Minutes Later~

I sat all of the tests on the counter and flushed the toilet. After washing my hands, I exited the bathroom, only to be met with an waiting Chris. "Everything go ok?" He asked. "Relatively." I say, leaning up against the wall and crossing my arms. "You still mad at me? I'm sorry about this morning." he says, gingerly walking closer to me. I bit my lip, hiding a smile. "It's fine, Chris. It was a petty thing to be upset about." I mumble. I lean up and give him a sweet kiss. He groans and pulls me into him, deepening the kiss. I quickly push him away. "UH UH. That's how we got into this predicament in the first place." I stated and he laughs. "Are the tests done yet." Chris asks. "I don't know, let's check." I suggest. We walk into the bathroom and look at the tests. Nothing. "Guess we better wait a little longer." I say turning away but Chris stops me. "Wait look! the results are coming." he says and I quickly turn.

And one by one, they all said the same thing. Positive. They were all positive. "Oh my gosh, we're pregnant!" I say excitedly. Chris smiles big and picks me up, spinning me around. I squeal as he runs out of the room with me in his arms. He runs into the living room where Ayana, August, and Mystic were all sitting. "WE'RE FUCKING PREGNANT! ALEXIS IS PREGNANT!" He screams and I laugh. 

1.2K READS Y'ALL???? OMG I LOVE YOU GUYS SOOOOO MUCH! I NEVER HAVE NEVER BEEN MORE THANKFUL IN MY LIFE. I LOVE THIS STORY AND IM GLAD SO MANY PEOPLE ARE ENJOYING THE STORY AS MUCH AS I AM. YOU GUYS ARE BEAUTIFUL AND CONTINUE TO ENJOY MY BOOK PLEASE <3 <3 <3