Project Partners

Alexis

"Leave me alone, please!" I followed the echoing voice through the seemingly never-ending hallways filled with my high school lockers

"Leave me alone, please!" I followed the echoing voice through the seemingly never-ending hallways filled with my high school lockers. The voice sounds weaker as I get closer.  I stop suddenly, seeing a girl being held in the air, surrounded by mist. Ominous feminine laughter fills my ears. "Not until we get our fill......" A familiar voice says. "Leave her alone!" I belt out without thinking. All at once, six eyes form in the black mist as it flies towards me.
"NOOOOOOO!" I yell myself awake. My heart beats out of my chest as I sit up. My head snatches around, making sure I'm in my room. I pull up my phone, scrolling to my mom's contact. The phone rings and I bite my nail, waiting....

"Hi, you've reached my voicemail. Leave a message at the beep and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. BEEEEP."

"Hey mom, I had another nightmare and I um, I miss you. Can't wait to see you when you get back. Love you."

I hang up the phone. Just in time to see my second alarm go off.

"1 hour until bus arrives"

"Shit."

I scramble to my feet, rushing to shower, brush my teeth and do my hair. I throw on a simple hoodie, jeans, and sneaker combo.

I rush outside, jogging to my nearest bus stop, right as the bus is turning onto the street

I rush outside, jogging to my nearest bus stop, right as the bus is turning onto the street. I let out a small huff of air as the bus pulls in front of me. I climb abroad, walking toward the familiar waving hand in the nearby seat. I sit next to her and she greets me.

"Hey girl, guess what?"

I nod my head and she shoves her phone in my face. As I slightly push her hand back, I scan the notifications on her phone.

"Baddie.bia💋 is following you!"

My eyebrow furrows and I look back up at her.