Chapter 17

4 Months Later
Alexis Pov
I waddle down the stairs, seeing Chris playing with Mystic. I find Ayana in the kicthen pigging out. "Hey Ayana. What're you doing?" I ask curiously. She takes a few seconds to swallow her food. "Eating." She simply states and I take a minute to notice her frame. "Damn girl, you getting thick." I say and eye her up and down. All that food she was eating was definitely going to all the right places. She stops eating and looks down at herself.

"Really?" I nod and she smiles. August and Chris walk in and I immediately rolled my eyes at the both of them. Chris looked at me with hopeful eyes. "Hey Alexis." He mumbles and I instantly feel bad. According to August, since he's the doctor, when female wolves are pregnant, they experience a sudden animosity towards most males, which sometimes includes my mate, which is Chris.

Fighting my own anger, I walk up to him and give him a kiss on the cheek. My anger went away for the most part and we hugged. He held me as close as he could with my belly creating a gap between us. "I missed you." He mumbles and I smile. "Missed you more, Alpha." I say in my mind. He smiles and pecks my lips.

Ayana smiles at us and rubs her pregnant stomach. "You guys are so cute." She cooed. She found out she was pregnant a month after me. Which I think is due to her and August constantly going at it. Literally everyday. Like if you tried to go in their room on any given day, nine times out ten, the shit would be locked and you would hear some.... interesting noises through the door. Pretty conveniently though, August had turned her a week or two before but they kept it a secret from most except Chris and I.

"Alexis, Ayana! Come on, we have to go to the hospital for your check up." August says. Although August is a doctor, he doesn't know everything about pregnancy, so we go to doctors in the pack who specialize in pregnancy and children health. "Okay, come on Chris." I say and he looks at me funny. "You want me to go?" He asks and I nod smiling. He smiles big and picks me up. I laugh and clutch him tightly and lay against his chest. His shirt was so soft. 

Once we arrived at the hospital. It was really private and quiet. It was almost empty. Once we walk in the waiting area, the doctor was already waiting for us. "Hey guys! Are we ready to get started?" She asks and I nod. "Alright. Alexis, you're first." She states and motions for Chris and I to follow her. We get into the room and I lay flat against the bed. "Alright, this is gonna be cold." The doctor warns before putting the freezing gel on my stomach. She begins the ultrasound. "Hmm, that's weird." She states and I furrow my eyebrows. "What? Is something wrong?" Chris asks and she bites her lip. "No, your babies seem happy and healthy. It's just that, I'm seeing another baby." She says. Me and Chris turn our attention to the monitor, and I gasp.

"Three? There's three babies?" Chris asks as I mentally count the amount of embryos in the ultrasound

"Three? There's three babies?" Chris asks as I mentally count the amount of embryos in the ultrasound. "Yes, it appears so. So that means you're having triplets! Congratulations!" The doctor cheers and I smile happily. That would make sense considering how big I was for 5 months along.