Chapter Five: The Champions

Halloween came. It was time for the selection of the champions. During the Halloween Feast, Headmaster Yang Hyun Suk gathered everyone inside the great Hall. The teachers were seated in front while the students were seated at their own tables.

"The champions will be chosen by an impartial selector... the Goblet of Fire. Now, let me be clear. If chosen, you stand alone." The headmaster announced, his eyes scanned every student in the Great hall.

Headmaster Yang Hyun Suk went to stand near the Goblet of Fire and brought his hand towards the fire until it flickered and a piece of paper suddenly flew out from the flame.

"The Durmstrang Champion.." Headmaster YG started and he can see everyone eyeing the table to which the Durmstrang boys were seated. "Lee Taeyong!"

Everyone cheered. There were loud claps and cheers from the students not only from the Durmstrang table, but also to the others. Lee Taeyong stood up with his wide smile and went to bump his shoulders with Yuta and Johnny. Then he went towards the Teacher's table where his high master JYP was waiting to give him a pat on the shoulders. Lee Taeyong was ushered towards the chamber where he will be waiting for the other champions to join him.

The Hogwart's Headmaster once again went to touch the goblet until the fire brought out a blue paper that contains the Beauxbaton Champion.

"The Beauxbaton's Champion.."Headmaster YG eyed the table where the Beauxbaton ladies were seated and he saw them eyeing a particular pinkish purple haired girl. "Kim Jisoo!"

And another loud cheering was present inside the great hall. Kim Jisoo went to stand up and hugged her good friends, Jennie, Rosè and Lisa but when her eyes scanned her seniors, only their glares went to meet her. Jisoo ignored them and went towards her Headmistress BoA who gave her a lovingly light touch on her face. Jisoo also went inside the chambers right after.

"And last, but not definitely least, the Hogwarts champion.." Headmaster Yang Hyun Suk went towards the goblet for the last time and took the piece of paper which the flame gave out. "This is.." After reading the name on the paper silently, he couldn't help himself from smiling and that didn't escape from everyone's eyes. "The Hogwarts champion is Kim Taehyung!"

Everyone, except the Headmaster was in shock. The great hall was in total deafening silence. Every pair ofeyeswas glued towards Taehyung who was sitting at the very corner of their table. Even the Durmstrang and the Beauxbaton delegates were now aware of his reputation and they also didn't like the idea of him being a champion.

"I guess that's my cue." Taehyung finally stood up from his seat, making everyone flinch and his friends immediately went to fist bumped him and wishing him good luck.

When Taehyung finally approached the Hogwart's Headmaster, he bowed his head a little and Headmaster Yang Hyun Suk ruffled his hair in return, giving him an amused smile.

"Go on now. I'm sure the other champions are curious to know who the Hogwarts Champion is." The Headmaster urged and Taehyung didn't want to be told twice and went inside the path leading to the chamber where the other champions were waiting.

As soon as Taehyung went out from everyone's sight, the great hall began to buzz in disagreement. They couldn't understand and believe that Kim Taehyung became the Hogwarts champion. And the disagreement from Kim Taehyung suddenly went towards Kim Jisoo and Lee Taeyong. They couldn't accept the fact that all three champions were 6th year students and none from the 7th year were chosen.

"Silence!" Headmaster Yang Hyun Suk shouted, his voice was booming with the help of some magic. "The age is not the real issue. The Age Line was only an effort to stop unprepared students entering and being killed. Traditionally, students as young as sixteen had been allowed to compete in the Tournament." He continued. "The fact that their names had been entered and selected by the Goblet, it constituted a magical contract that bound them to compete, so there's nothing we could do about it."