Chapter Thirty-One: Suicidal Team

Before Jisoo's abduction:

"Lee Taeyong!"

Taeyong was fast turning his head and saw Jisoo running towards him. Taeyong unknowingly clenched his hold on the Triwizard Cup until Jisoo finally was standing in front of him.

"Thank god! You got the Cup!" Jisoo beamed which made Taeyong confuse. "It would be a disaster if it got taken away before we do."

"What are you talking about?" Taeyong asked in bewilderment.

"There's no time." Jisoo stated and took Taeyong's arm. "We have to go now. We have to give it to Taehyung." Jisoo started to drag him with her but she stilled when she noticed that Taeyong wasn't moving at all. "Taeyong?"

"And here I thought that we still have the same mission." Taeyong mumbled. "Do you still remember what we talked about days ago? We said that we'll win this Tournament no matter what! That we wouldn't let that Kim Taehyung win! Did you already forget? Or is it because of your feelings for that Pureblood?" Taeyong accused.

"NO! It's not like that." Jisoo was quick to defend herself. "You don't understand—"

"I don't have to!" Taeyong yelled in anger. "You know what? If you already abandoned that mission, it's your choice but it doesn't mean that I'll forget about it."

"But Tae—" Jisoo tried to approach but Taeyong immediately took a step back.

"I still have to win this Tournament, Jisoo." He finished and was quick to descend the elevated altar.

Jisoo was shocked to what the things had come. She didn't expect for Taeyong to not listen to her. If it was the normal Taeyong, he would try to listen and understand, especially to what was happening recently. JIsoo looked back and saw Taeyong getting out from the bubble and transfigured himself back into a shark.

"No. I have to stop him. I have to get that Cup no matter what." Jisoo told herself and quickly followed Taeyong out from the underwater village.

Jisoo used the Bubble-Head Charm once again and took her time swimming upward to the water surface. It was a good thing that she didn't come across with any water demons this time and got to see the lights coming from the sun above.

"Ascendio!" Jisoo casted a spell and she got lifted high and propelled her to the surface of the lake.

JIsoo was thankful that she could breathe normally again and she stood up hastily remembering about Taeyong and the Cup. When Jisoo started to walk from the shore, she got startled when a sudden force got her knocked down from behind, but not before she heard a desperate voice calling out her name.

"Lee Taeyong?" Jisoo was dumbfounded when she looked up to see Taeyong all messed up."What happened to you? Why are you injured all over?"

"Run." Taeyong whispered, handing her the Triwizard Cup. "The Beings are on their way. They wanted the Cup for some reason. I— I'm sorry for not listening to you." He breathed out and his face was showing a pained expression. "Now go. I'll try to hold them off."

"No! I won't leave you." Jisoo decided. "Now come on." Jisoo grabbed Taeyong's upper arm and snaked it around her shoulders for support, while her other hand was clutching the Cup safely.

"Aish. You're so damn stubborn, aren't you?" Taeyong mumbled but let himself be dragged by her.

Just when the both of them turned their backs, a group of vampires had already blocked their way. Jisoo scanned their surroundings, hoping to find some escape route but another group of werewolves were surrounding them too.