Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Cursed Item and the Eternal Being

By the time that Jimin arrived at the Banquet hall, his eyes already caught the sight of Jisoo talking with Seokjin and the rest of their friends, but what made Jimin more surprise was the fact that Lee Taeyong was also there, and he seemed to have come together with Jisoo.

"Hey." Jimin greeted.

"Oh, hey Jimin." Jisoo waved back.

"I was surprised to know that you came." Jimin stated. "And with Lee taeyong?" Jimin eyed the guy standing beside Jisoo and the latter just nodded in greetings.

"I heard from them that Lord Heechul personally invited them." Namjoon informed.

"And I wonder what Lord Heechul's thinking by doing so." Jimin thought.

"Look! Here they come!" Jungkook broke their conversation and pointed his finger up the stairways.

Everyone's attention were now at the two figures standing side by side at the top of the stairs. Taehyung was looking as handsome as ever but his cold aura was evident. Irene on the other hand looked gorgeous with her smile plastered on her face.

"Stop glaring." Taeyong whispered, making Jisoo flinch.

"I'm not!" Jisoo hissed, pouting at Taeyong's remark.

Taehyung immediately saw her. Jisoo was indeed in there with his friends but what made his blood boil even more was taeyong being there with her. His eyebrows twitched when he saw taeyong leaning closer to Jisoo to whisper something.

"Easy there, young master." Irene patted Taehyung's arm. "Your father's watching."

Taehyung quickly averted his attention towards his father down the stairs. Lord heechul was being surrounded by his followers and taehyung culd see the stern look that his father was giving him.

"Let's head down now, shall we?" Irene said and gave Taehyung a knowing look.

Taehyung groaned in annpyance but knew what she was implying. Taehyung offered his arm grudgingly and Irene smiled upon seeing his extending arm. Irene took it gratefully and the both of them descended the staircase gracefully.

*****

"Thank you for responding to my invitation."

During dinner time, Lord Heechul together with Yesung took their chance to pay Jisoo and Taeyong a visit on their table. The both of them were sitted together with Taehyung's friends.

"I know being a representative from your school is already making you quite busy, especially for the upcoming Last task. I sincerely thank the both of you for making it." Lord Heechul added.

"It's alright, Lord Heechul." Jisoo spoke up. "We are thankful for the invitation."

"Indeed. We needed a break every once in a while." Taeyong supported, earning him some surprised looks from the people around the table.

"Really? Since when do you take a break?" Jisoo teased. "For all we know, ever since you joined the Tournament, all you ever think about was winning."

"Well— Uhh—" Taeyong stammered, making the rest chuckle.

"You look like you're having fun here!"

Everyone stopped laughing when Taehyung suddenly showed up with Irene by her side. Jisoo's face quickly fell when she noticed Irene's arm being attached with Taehyung's. Taehyung might have noticed it and he immediately shook free his arms from Irene's hold.

"What are you doing here, son?" Lord Heechul glared. "You're supposed to be on your table. I bet your fiancee haven't got her dinner yet." He accused.