Chapter Nineteen: School Break

"I'm afraid that's not possible, Kim Taehyung-ssi." Headmaster YG stated.

"But sir—"

"The rules are absolute. The Goblet of Fire constitutes a binding magical contract." Headmaster YG cut off. "You have no choice but to continue, Kim Taehyung-ssi."

*****

"So you're continuing?" Jimin asked after hearing from his friend about his talk with their Headmaster.

"I don't know." Taehyung sighed in frustration. "I just don't know anymore, Jimin-ah."

Jimin felt sorry for his friend. Just looking at Taehyung curling on his bed with a troubled expression, Jimin couldn't help but just pat his roommate on the back for comfort.

"Ah!" Jimin suddenly remembered. "Have you heard about the announcement?"

"What?" Taehyung asked lamely, not even looking at his friend on the eyes.

"About the coming School Break." Jimin answered, making Taehyung's eyes turn to him. "It will be in the coming next week, I believ. What? Didn't the Headmaster tell you about it?" Jimin chuckled.

"He didn't." Taehyung stated.

"Since we didn't have the chance to have a Christmas break due to the Yule Ball, they decided to give us a Break from school. I heard most of the students are already talking about how to spend their vacation. Most of them are going home I believe."

"Really?" Taehyung exclaimed, thingking something else. "Then it's a good opportunity for me to confront my father back at home." Taehyung suddenly lit up.

"Right." Jimin agreed. "You see? All you have to do is wait until then."

*****

JIsoo woke up in the middle of the night. She was all alone to what she believed to be the Infirmary. She suddenly remembered the things that had happened to her that resulted of her being in the Hospital wing. Jisoo tried sitting up but her body wasn't cooperating.

"You look like a Dementor."

Jisoo's head turned towards the front door and saw Kim Taehyung leaning on the door. She was about to ask him why he was there but her throat felt dry.

"Here." Taehyung was already handing her a glass of water before Jisoo could even ask.

"What are you doing here?" Jisoo finally was able to ask after having a mouthful of water.

Taehyung didn't even think twice to sit on the same bed with Jisoo. He just sat there facing her, his eyes were looking at her face intensely while Jisoo was still unable to grasp of what was happening around her, Taehyung's hand went to caress her cheeks where small scratches were visible.

"What are you doing?" Jisoo tensed upon the contact.

"I'm sorry." Taehyung whispered but his hands were still on her delicate face.

Jisoo was confuse as to why he said that. She wanted to swat his hands away and ask him of what he was talking about but her hands were glued to her side, not wanting to push away the warmth that Taehyung's hands were giving her.

"You're hurt because of me." Taehyung said.

"What are you—" Jisoo was about ask but Taehyung's hand that was caressing her cheeks suddenly went down to cover her mouth.

"Shhh. Someone's coming!" Taehyung whispered and pulled jisoo with him under the sheet, covering the both of them with it.

"She's still asleep, I see."