Chapter Seventeen: Beings

"Hey Lee. What's up?" Jisoo raised her brows in amusement. "Oh right! It's you who's up. Pfft! You get it? You, up there?" Jisoo chuckled by her own joke.

"Haha. Very funny Kim." Taeyong rolled his eyes. "Now put me down."

"Tsk. You're no fun." Jisoo huffed and made Taeyong come down.

"Nice ride." Taeyong commented, looking at the beast that Jisoo was riding.

"I met this guy when I was chasing after the Augurey that took my crystal ball away." Jisoo started.

"Ah, right." Taeyong suddenly remembered his wand and his own clue. "Thank heavens, it's still intact." Taeyong sighed in relief upon seeing both his wand and the clue still in good shape.

"Ya, are you listening to me?" Jisoo pouted when taeyong didn't even listen to her story. "I was ranting here and you didn't even tanked me for saving your life earlier.

Taeyong tensed and he suddenly felt annoyed. He couldn't believe that he got help from others. All his life, he wasn't used to needing other people's help because it would make him feel worthless or worse, it would make him unperfect.

"You didn't have to." Taeyong said seriously, not giving her a single glance.

"Wow." Jisoo scoffed. "You know what? Forget it." Jisoo hopped off from the Hippogriff's back and marched herself towards Taeyong. "It will still cost you something in return." Jisoo added, making Taeyong confuse. "I still saved your life and in return, you will help me."

"What?" This time, it was taeyong's turn to scoff. "Ya—"

"As what I had told you before." Jisoo cut him off. "I lost my clue and all this time I was leaning for this Hippogriff for help until I saw you."

"What? You lost your clue? How can you be so clumsy?" Taeyong nagged.

"You didn't hear me saying about that earlier? Aish." Jisoo exclaimed. "Whatever. Just help me okay? I mean, you can just tell me the exact location of the clue, right?" Jisoo grinned, feeling hopeful.

"Not a chance." Taeyong deadpanned.

"Aish. Ya!" jisoo shouted but quickly shut her mouth upon remembering where they were. "How can you be so heartless? After all, I saved your life!" Jisoo whined, giving taeyong her puppy-teary eyes.

"How can you ask me that? I intend to win this task! And how can i if i'll just tell you that kind of information?" taeyong reasoned and Jisoo's scowl deepens.

"Ya. It's not like I'm asking for your map." Jisoo stated. "I don't need the map. I just need directions!"

"How can say that? You're being reckless, do you know that?" Taeyong exclaimed angrily.

"Then just tell me the right directions for the next clue! That way, I wouldn't get lost anymore." Jisoo fired back. "Please, Taeyong-ah."

Taeyong contemplated. He eyed Jisoo carefully and noticed that she was injured all over her body and face. He can see some nasty scratches on her cheeks. Her attire was so dirty and worn out that he could see some blood on her sleeves. Taeyong thought that Jisoo must really have a rough encounters too.

"Please?" Jisoo tried again. "And i'll even let you have a head start." Jisoo wiggled her brows at Taeyong and Taeyong could only roll his eyes at her.

"Fine." Taeyong finally answered. "But I'll get to leave first, okay?" Taeyong stated and Jisoo immediately shook her head up and down, smiling.

*****

Taehyung on the other hand was already on his way towards the last place according to the map of constellation. Taehyung himself got some bruises and scratches of his own. He met a group of annoying pixies,a horde of Bicorns, ghouls, and got pranked a lot by Leprechauns. He got quite an adventure but not enough that got his life in danger.