Chapter 4

Sam

The day the triple threat beat my ass I woke up in the hospital. I was in so much pain. I shouldn't have been greedy. I should have just left it alone, but money can truly change a person. I seen first hand.

I crossed the only family I had and look how it turned out.

I spent two months in the hospital and almost a year in rehab. I had to get myself together and quick!

I also found out that I was pregnant. After that ass beating I'm thankful my baby survived it. I do know that God was on my side.

I had Jalissa Miller on September 25. She was 7 pounds 8 ounces.

I love her with everything in me. Yes Jayceon is the father but knowing that I'll never see them again she'll never know her father.

*

*

*

*

*

I happened to be at the mall because Jalissa wanted to get a new Care Bear. She looks so much like Jayceon everyday it's crazy. I think about my choices in life and regret that one.

Jalissa being fatherless because of my actions. I was so into my thoughts I bumped into someone.

"Shayla?" I haven't seen her in 2 years. I wonder if she alone.

"Sam?" I couldn't help it I hugged her. She was a bit taken back, but she hugged me back. I pulled away crying.

"You don't know how long I've been waiting to thank you for saving my life." I said crying.

"Mommy don't cry. I love you." Jalissa said. I smiled down at her.

"I love you too munchkin."

"It's no problem. Sam no matter what you did I'll still have your back. We all make mistakes just some bigger then others."

"Yeah I know I just was being greedy." She nodded.

"Well money is the root of all evil." She said.

"You right about that."

"So I don't mean to be forward, but she looks just like Jayceon." She said. My eyes went wide. I got scared.

"Please don't tell him."

"You know I can't do that. I can't keep something this big from him or the rest of the crew."

"He can't know about Jalissa."

"Why not?"

"Because he'll deny her." I said. She sighed.

"You can tell they look like twins. You can't deprive her of a father. Whether he wants to accept it or not." She snapped. She watched my closely. I sighed nodding.

"Fine we can do it tomorrow."

"Good he deserves to know no matter how wrong you were. If he deny her I'll slap him for you and drag y'all to the clinic DNA my best friend." I said. We laughed. The rest of the time we caught up.

I actually missed this. I just hope everything goes okay tomorrow.

*

*

*

*

*

I got up to get Jalissa and myself ready. I was nervous, scared, and then some. What will happen? What if he denies Jalissa? Will he accept her?

I pulled up to Shayla house. I knock at the door waiting for an answer. Shay open the door.

"I'm nervous." I said.

"Don't be. I'll still be here." I nodded walking into the house.

When we walked in the whole mood changed when they saw me. No one noticed Jalissa hiding behind me.

"Shayla wtf?!" Maurice yelled. Shayla glared at him. I knew this was a bad idea.

"Who you yelling at?" She asked. He didn't say nothing.

"I got to go." Jayceon said getting up.

"Shit tf down or I swear to God I'll fucking break your shit." Shay growled out. He sat back down. Damn thank you Shay!

"Y'all listen and listen fucking good. I ran into Sam at the mall yesterday and we got to talking. Long story short I invited her over because she has something to say to Jayceon." I said. They were all quiet.

"She had no right to be here." Ash said.

"Ashley stfu. All y'all ever do is get on my fucking nerves holding grudges and shit. Get over it. What happened was years ago. Yeah she did wrong but which of you are sin free? Let me know." No one did anything as she spoke.

"She didn't come here to hear y'all talk down on her. She came because I felt Jayceon had the right to know about this little girl here." She pointed to Jalissa. They all looked down and their attitude changed somewhat.

"What about the little girl?"

"Are y'all dumb or just fucking clueless? Add it up dummies when y'all beat her ass she was pregnant then. Two years later...." She trailed off.

"She's she's my daughter?" Jayceon asked looking at Jalissa.

"Yes." I said.

"She's lying?" Some girl said. Whoever she is can stfu. Shay walked over to her grabbed her by her collar and threw her ass out.

"Anyone else want to be next?" She asked. They shook they head no.

"Good. Now I'm not saying y'all got to be all lovey dovey cause you got a girl Jay, but be in your child life." She said. Oh that was Jay girlfriend that she threw out. I laughed to myself.

"I agree with Shayla. Jalissa needs to know her father and that's all." I added.

"Can I hold her?" Jay asked. I nodded.

"Mommy I scared." Jalissa spoke.

"It's okay baby he's your father." Jalissa looked at him, but walked over to him slowly. He picked her up placing her in his lap. Shay took a seat next to Maurice and I was next to her.

I still don't know what to do or say. No one wants me here so I kept my mouth closed.

After a while I decided to leave I can't deal with this. Shayla understood. I was walking out with Jayceon carrying Jalissa. He placed her in the car.

"Thanks for not hiding her from me even if it's been 2 years."

"Yeah no problem." I was about to get inside the car, but he stopped me.

"I was wondering if I could come and see her or she could come and see me?" He asked looking down at his feet.

"Yeah sure." He looked up smiling. That smile always did something to me. We exchanged numbers and I left.

When we arrived home. All Jalissa could talk about was her daddy. That made me smile.

I'm just happy Jalissa has a dad in her life. That's all I ever wanted.