Chapter 25

Maurice

Tomorrow is the triplets 7th birthday and I'm taking them to Disney World for the weekend.

I invited the crew, of course, Maria and Arnez, and their kids. We're all packing and will be leaving soon. I'm driving up and Shayla driving back. Maybe. Shit the way she drive a nigga will back in two hours if that.

Don't let her have her phone plugged up to the radio system she'd really push that shit. A nigga be scared for their life a lil bit. I walked into Jr room. And this shit was destroyed.

"Dad you seen my iPOD?" Jr asked me.

"It's wherever you left it."

"That's why I'm asking you because I don't know where it is duh." He said a lil too snappy for my liking. This nigga and his smart ass mouth. I slapped him in the back of the head.

"If you clean up this messy ass room of yours, then you'll know where it is. And you might want to check that tone for you get yourself fucked up. Get this shit cleaned up before we leave or your ass will be staying here." I said walking out. Next to check on the Malik and Aubrey.

After checking on them I went in our room to see what Shayla doing. I know she already packed no need to worry about that. She like to do shit ahead of time.

I walk in and she on the phone. I flopped down on the bed looking at the ceiling thinking about my future and my kids. I don't want my kids to be like us honestly. I want them to go to school get an education and become somebody. Not no Kingpin like me. The streets not where it's at. You have to watch your back every five minutes because you don't know if niggas gunnin' for you or trying to take your empire. Not to mention 12 stay on a nigga. I'm still screaming FUCK 12!

They hear your name once and they gone be everywhere watching you. That's not the life I want them to have. Not living here they won't. Shayla already made that clear to them. I just hope they make something out of themselves.

Malik he's into football and basketball. He real good tho. For him to just be six turning seven tomorrow he smart as hell, we all three of them are, I can see him either in the NFL or NBA. You know I'm having court side seats watching him play.

Jr is more into becoming a teacher, but he love sports too but don't want to play. He lazy. Malik and him stay fighting each other and breaking shit. Which get they ass whooped.

Then there's Aubrey she's just like Shayla. She quiet sometimes, standoffish. She love to read, dance, and what surprised me is she into sports, but she a girly girl.

I love all the of my kids equally. No favoritism. No putting one before the other. That's not how we raise our kids and yes we do talk to them about everything. It's better to teach your child at home then to let the streets teach em.

"Is everyone packed?" Shay asked breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah, but I had to get on Malik ass about his room and his mouth." I said.

"Those are your children." She said.

"You mean ours."

"Ahh no I think I meant what I said." I turned my head looking at her.

"Run that by me again."

"Those are-AHHHHH!" I jumped on top of her.

"Get off me! Nigga you heavy. I can't breathe. Lawd I'm meeting my maker before I turn thirty." She screamed laughing.

"Who do them kids belong to?" I asked pulling her hair.