Chapter 28

Shayla

I changed my mind about having a big ass wedding. Hell I'm good with going down to the court house and doing it there.

I walk in our room to see this nigga jacking off. Um ... okay. I guess he having an intimate moment.

"Uhh ... let me know when you done." I said sitting in the bed. It really don't bother me that he does that. That's his business. Ten minutes later this nigga still going at it. I can feel him stiffen next to me.

"Fuck." I heard him groan. He got up walking to the bathroom. Five minutes later he walking out.

"Was it something important you wanted to say babe?"

"Yeah. I don't want a wedding. I rather go downtown to the court house and get married." He nodded. He kissed my lips.

"Do whatever you want to do." He said.

"You not upset that I don't want a wedding?"

"Nope. Shit you saved me millions and plus we doing what makes you happy." I nudge him in the head.

"So it's settled." I said. He nodded his head.

"When you want to do this? 'Cause we could go now." He said.

"Hell no. Next week Thursday."

"That's cool." He said. We talked about it some more. That nauseous feeling came from out of nowhere. I decided to lay down for a while.

*

*

*

*

*

One Week Later...

Shayla

"How you feel being married?"

"Good actually." I said. Yep that's right were married. We went down to the court house and did it. I didn't want no huge wedding. The court house is just fine with me. Now we're going home to rest before tonight's dinner party.

Maurice

Married? Did y'all see that coming? I'm married to the mother of my kids. The only woman that holds my heart besides my daughter. I'm in this 'til the end.

The things we went through taught me how to become a better man. How a woman should be treated and how I need to always be there for my kids, friends, and family. I'm not afraid to admit my wrongs, but I'm brave enough to admit my rights.

I'm where I'm want to be and there's nothing stopping or changing that. My heart is with Shayla and forever will be. Ain't no breaking up, arguing, and all that other shit. I'm on the straight and narrow. I'm happy she happy. If there is a problem we gone discuss it as adults not little ass kids.

"I hope them niggas got us some wedding gifts." I said. I'm dead ass. If we don't get nothing I'm snapping.

"Really Maurice?" Shay asked me. Slipping on her shoes.

"Hell yeah." I said. She shook her head. But I'm serous as fuck.

Shayla

-_- this nigga is stupid. As soon as we stepped foot in the restaurant he had his hands out. Talking about where his gift at? I slapped him in the back of his head. After that little thing was over we were able to eat and have fun. But he wanted to mugg everybody.

"Here, damn." My daddy said handing him his gift. A big smile came across his stupid face. I rolled my eyes.

"Aw, shit." He yelled. You can't take him nowhere.

"Thanks old man."

"This dick ain't old." My daddy said. Really?

"Come onnnn." I whined. They laughed.

"Girl hush this dick is what got you here." They really don't care that the kids sitting here. That's why they ass be getting beat now.

The rest of the night was crazy as hell. Somebody started a food fight. I'm not gone call no names. Cough, cough, Maurice. I was surprised other people joined in.

Not this nigga hea' tho. As soon as one piece of food went flying in the air. I went flying to the exit. I watched from outside. Hell no. I'm not ruining a $12,000 dress and my favorite pair of Christian Louboutin heels. Plus my hair just got done. Nope. They finally came out the restaurant. They looked a mess. Nobody getting in my car like that. Maurice spotted me.

He had a smirk on his face with food in his hands. HELL TO THE FUCK NO! He inched toward me. I turned around on his ass. Wrong move.

Maurice wanna play and chase me around the parking lot throwing food. Bitch I was a track start tonight. I had on my heels running.

"STOPPPPP!" I yelled running and laughing.

"Stop running and I will." Hell no. I was dodging the shit. He lucky I was getting tied lmao. I was like fuck it. I'll get this shit dry cleaned. It's funny how no one helped me. They stood there laughing and recording the shit. Some friends they are. I cussed er'body out.

But I'm not gone lie it was fun. This is the shit we need to do all the time. All these happy moments are what I cherish. And I hope we have plenty of more. My heart belongs to Maurice and I wouldn't have it any other way.