Chapter 9

Maurice

It's been two months since Sam came back. So what if I'm still living in the past. What she did was unforgivable. I don't need her here.

It was storming out and I was headed to the west side of town. I was coming around a curve when I see a car coming straight toward me.

It hit the front side of my car making me swerve and the car flipped over hitting the telephone pole. My head hit the string wheel hard causing blood to run down my face. I tried to unlock the seat belt, but it was jammed.

My head was pounding and I couldn't move. Whoever hit me kept going. The road was dark.

I seen lights, but before I could register what was going on I blacked out.

*

*

*

*

*

I woke up hearing voices all around me. I groaned in pain.

"He's waking up." A hear a man say. I open my eyes slowly letting them adjust to the light. I see AJ, my sister, Jayceon, his daughter, Sam, I don't know why she here, and I turn to my left to see a smug look on Shayla face. I wonder what's her problem now.

The doctor left the room to give us privacy.

"Why am I here?" I asked.

"You were in a car accident. You were pulled out just in time before the car exploded." Ash said. I nodded.

"How did I get here?" She pointed to Sam.

"Don't lie to me!" I yelled.

"You know what I'm so sick of your petty ass bullshit. God don't like ugly. You getting everything you deserve right now. Sam didn't have to save your worthless petty ass life. She could've left you for dead. All you have to say is don't lie to me. You are childish, ignorant, and just a straight up jackass. I told you one day you were going to need her before she needed you. But you being that asshole you are didn't listen. That day has come bitch made nigga. And if I was her I would've let your dumb ass die in the explosion. STOP LIVING IN THE FUCKING PAST AND MOVE ON AND THANK HER FOR SAVING YOU, YOU PIECE OF SHIT! GET ON MY MOTHERFUCKING NERVES WITH YOUR BULLSHIT. AND WONDER WHY A BITCH DON'T WANT YOU NOW!" Shayla straight snapped. She had my ass on hush mode. I just sat there looking dumb, with my mouth agape.

"Let me calm down before I make myself sicker, then I already am snapping on this fuck nigga." She said. Her leg was shaking so I know she was pissed to the max.

"I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'M FUCKING SORRY! Is all you know. Stop being sorry and do what the fuck you supposed to be doing. It's time to let it go. For once in your life let it all go!" Shayla said. She was right I could've lost my life if it wasn't for Sam. Shayla right God don't like ugly and that I would need her. I looked at Sam.

"I'm so sorry Sam. Thank you for saving my life. You could've left me for dead but you didn't. I owe you. I'm also sorry for the way I treated you. I just couldn't let it go. But with Ms. Scary Snappy Pants over there she was right. What's done is done. I forgive you. Can you forgive me?" She laughed a little, but nodded.

"Yes." I smiled.

"Can I get a hug?" I asked. She looked at me for a second. We hugged and pulled away. I looked over to Shayla. She was on her phone typing away.

She was right. I should've put my ego aside and left the shit in the past not carrying a grudge for 2 whole years. I feel better that I actually let it go. Maybe I can finally move forward from here.