Chapter 19

Three Years Later...

Shayla

Well it's been three years, not a lot had happened, but some things did change. I'm happy that Maurice and the rest are out of the game. But I have that feeling that it's not over just yet.

My mom and I are working on having a better mother-daughter relationship. It's not easy 'cause we still bump heads, but it's a work progress.

AJ and Ashley are finally tying the knot today. Three years of being engaged and planning their wedding it's about time.

*

*

*

*

*

"Why are you crying?" I asked Ashley.

"I'm just so happy to be finally marrying this man." She said.

"Girl wipe those tears and smile. If you ruin your makeup, I'm going to hurt you." She laughed wiping her eyes.

"Now. Let's go get you married." We all laughed.

The wedding was beautiful. You could see how they loved each other. She looked amazing in her dress.

We were all dancing and having a good time. The kids were running around laughing and playing.

I was walking to the bathroom when I was snatched into a room. I tried to yell, but something was covering my mouth.

"Don't make a sound or I'll kill you." I nodded. He removed his hand.

"Good girl."

"Nigga what you want?"

"Dee took someone away from me, so I'm going to enjoy taking something away from him."

"You mean to tell me you doing this for revenge? People still doing that? You have to be a stupid ass nigga." I was rolling my eyes. Before I could pull my gun from my bra I felt something dïck me in the neck.

"What the-" With that I meet darkness.

*

*

*

*

*

I was awaken to hear voices around me. My vision was blurry and my head was throbbing. I didn't move. I didn't want them to know I was awake.

"When he finds out we have her, he'll do whatever I say. I never liked the bitch anyways." I heard the foot steps fade away. I opened my eyes slowly. I was in a basement or something. My legs were chained together and my hands were cuffed.

But what lingered in my mind was that person voice sounded so familiar. It was quiet, so I took that as a sign to pull my phone out my bra. See good thing I put it there. You just never know what's going to happen. I pressed the number 2 on my phone. Whoever invented speed dial the shit, 'cause I don't know anybody number by hard.

"Hello."

"Listen Maurice some nigga that wants revenge on you kidnapped me."

"WHAT?!" He yelled through the phone. This nigga.

"Shut the fuck up nigga and listen# Trace my phone and come get me. By the way I'mma slap you for yelling in my damn ear trying to get me caught and shit. This is a kidnapping, jackass!" I semi yelled. I heard footsteps in the distance, so I hung up on him and put my phone back.

"We'll look who's up." A female voice said. I looked up.

Aw hell!