Chapter 20

“Yo.”

My head was resting on a cloud.

“Yo. Hi.”

My arms were lying above my head, hands clenched into fists.

“Fin? Wakey wakey.”

Soft sheets were tangled around my ankles.

“Yo? Finley. Finley, wake the fuck up!”

And suddenly, the comfort that was my new bed was ripped away from me, and I was tumbling onto the cold, wooden floor.

“Alex, you’re an absolute asshole,” I told him. Well, I mumbled it sleepily into the duvet that had fallen with me, so it wasn’t exactly clear what I’d said. But, from his smug laughter, he got the gist.

“Sorry, Fin,” He said, grabbing one of my arms and helping me back onto the bed. “It was necessary.”

“Not to me,” I grumbled, pulling the duvet back over my shoulder. “Although, I would say that it’s necessary for me to go back to sleep now.”

“Aha, I don’t think so!” Alex said quickly, forcing me to sit up. “We have things to do today.”

“What things?” I blinked at him. “Why can’t we just... you know what would be really fun?”

“Does it have anything to do with beds?”

“...Maybe...”

Alex rolled his eyes. “Here’s the deal, Fin. You get up, go have a nice shower and get dressed, or I drag you into the bathroom and give you a freezing cold shower while you’re still in your pajamas.”

I squinted, and rubbed my eyes slowly. “Ugh... Hey, what was that thing I said earlier? About you being an asshole?”

“Go, shower!”

After a shower, and getting dressed, I felt a lot more awake. I felt the need to make my bed, which was something I wasn’t sure if I’d ever done before, but this was the new me in my life with my new bedroom, and I wanted to do it right this time. And that started with keeping my room clean, apparently.

A tap on the door awakened me from my thoughts. “Hey,” Alex said from the doorway, “See, don’t you feel better know you’re awake?”

“Just because you’re right doesn’t mean...” I hesitated, “Well, it doesn’t mean... you’re...right?”

He laughed. “Maybe you need another shower.”

I walked out of my bedroom, giving him a playful shove as I passed. “You can’t talk anyway, the guys told me that you get out of bed at, like, three pm when you’re on tour.”

He bit his lip. “Yeah, well... That’s different, I’m an adult.”

I giggled. “You can’t just call yourself an adult when according to everyone you act like a drunken toddler on tour!”

“Speaking of tour, though...” Alex began.

“One sec,” I mumbled, spinning around in the hallway, before turning to face him. “Yeah, so I’ve no idea where the kitchen is.”

Alex laughed. “In here,” he said, opening the door for me.

“Thank you, kind sir.”

“You’re very welcome, fair lady. Would you care for some breakfast?”

“That would be delightful.”

“Well, we have...” Alex paused, snooping around his cupboards. “We have plenty of beer.”