Chapter 25

We only stayed in Baltimore for a weekend, and then we were packing for tour. Obviously everyone but me had known about it for a while, but I’d been kind of distracted lately. Duh.

“It’s a short tour, just three weeks,” Alex reminded me as I shoved my clothes into bags. “Honestly, I think it’s kinda coming at a good time. It’ll be good to get away from everything, you know? Being on tour isn’t like anything else... Doing what you love with people that you love, going to places you’ve never been before, meeting new people...” He smiled, closing his eyes. “You’ll love it Finley, I know you will.”

I nodded. I wasn’t as sure as he was, but I didn’t want to let Alex down.

“You know a lot of the guys already,” Alex told me, “There’s me and Jack, obviously. And you’ve already met Rian and Zack, in LA, remember?”

“I remember.”

“And the crew... you’ll get on great with them, don’t worry. Flyzik isn’t actually doing it with us, the bastard, but he found a replacement for us. Simon something, I don’t know. He seems nice. He’s the only one I don’t know, everyone else has been with us for years. I’d trust them with my life.” Alex smiled at me. “I might even trust them with yours.”

We left the house at about six am on a Monday morning. I was tired, but somehow I actually found the energy to feel sort of excited, so I’d gotten up a few hours earlier to shower and make myself look sorta nice. All of my stuff was packed up on bags, sitting in the hallway beside Alex’s things. Alex had gotten up five minutes before we were supposed to be leaving, showered quickly, downed a cup of coffee, and shaved.

“I like to be fresh-faced for all the kids,” He explained to me.

“We should have left twenty minutes ago,” I reminded him. Alex turned away from the bathroom mirror to look at me, before raising his can of shaving foam and spraying it in my face.

“You dick!” I laughed, “Ugh, it’s all over my mouth!”

“Then stop rushing me,” He muttered, turning back to the mirror. I wasted no time in grabbing the can from his and squirting a dollop of foam on his nose. “Finley!”

“I’m just getting my revenge,” I giggled. “Hurry up!”

Alex glared at me, before putting his razor down. He splashed some water on his face to get rid of the leftover shaving foam, then patted his face dry.

“Whatcha think?” He asked me, “Do I have a sexy face?”

“The sexiest,” I said, rolling my eyes. “Now move your ass.”

Rian called us while we were driving to the bus. Alex tossed his phone to me without even looking.

“Hey, Alex?” Rian’s voice crackled.

“You’re on speaker,” Alex said simply.

“Alright. Hey, Finley,” Rian added.

“Hi,” I said into the phone.

“Where are you guys?” Rian asked, “You were supposed to be here almost an hour ago.”

“Check my twitter, Ri. Approximately ten minutes late to everything, remember?” Alex looked over at me and smirked. “It was Finley’s fault anyway. She was messing around with my shaving foam.”

“Don’t blame me!”

He laughed. “It was your fault!”

“You started it!”