Part 31

It's dreadfully Monday again. I got ready for the day and headed out the door.
"Hey Jaren!" I exclaimed as I walked up to him. Over the weekend Smitty and I had gotten to know each other. It turns out that not only did we have a lot in common, but we were next door neighbors.
"Hey (Y/N)," Jaren said with a smile as he waited for me at the end of my driveway. "Ready for another day at school?"
"As ready as I'll ever be," I sighed.
"Cheer up (Y/N)," Smitty said wrapping his arm around my shoulders. "Today's gonna be great, I just know it."
"I hope so," I said, turning my attention to the ground.
  "Stop being such a downer," he laughed. "You're smart, kind, and you have a ton of friends by your side to help you out if you need them."
  "I guess you're right," I sighed, a smile slowly growing on my face. "Thanks Smit. You always know what to say in order to cheer me up."
  "I'm glad I could help," Jaren smiled warmly.
  We entered the school and parted ways as we went to our lockers.
  "Hey (Y/N)," Evan said walking up to me as I put my books in my locker.
  "Hey Evan," I said with a small smile. Our friendship was still a little awkward. Evan still didn't believe he deserved forgiveness and a little voice in my head was still telling me that I couldn't trust him fully just yet.
  "How are you?"
  "I'm good. How about you?"
  "I'm doing fine. Do you know what you're schedule is today?"
  "Yeah," I replied handing him my schedule.
  "Oh cool," Evan said looking over my schedule before giving it back to me. "It looks like we have first and third period together."
  "Awesome," I said with a smile as I made sure I had everything I needed for class. "Ready to go?" I asked as I shut my locker.
  "Yeah let's go."
  We walked into our classroom and I immediately heard someone scream my name. I was pulled into a tight hug and away from Evan. I looked up to see it was Mark who pulled me away.
  "Stay away from her you piece of s***!" Jack said grabbing Evan by the collar, obviously about to beat him up.
  "Guys stop," I said, muffled behind Mark's arm.
  "Sorry, what was that (Y/N)?" Mark asked, letting me go.
"I said to stop. Evan isn't a jerk anymore. He's a friend now."
  "You're kidding right?" Jack questioned, letting Evan go. He was baffled at what I just said.
  "No, I'm not," I answered, looking Jack in the eyes. "Vanoss, as well as the rest of the crew, repented for what they did and I forgave them."
"(Y/N), these guys have beaten you and traumatized you to the point where you didn't come to school for a month. How can you forgive and trust them so easily?" Mark questioned.
"Trust and forgiveness are two very different things," I answered. "Yes, I have forgiven them, but that doesn't mean I trust them fully yet." I looked over at Evan, who had been quiet the entire time. He gave me a small smile before looking over at the two boys.
"I don't expect you to forgive me easily, I didn't even expect (Y/N) to forgive me," Evan began. "I do, however, want you to know that I truly am sorry. You have every right to be mad at me, but please know that I am trying to make things right."
"I'll believe it when I see it," Jack grumbled as he walked back to his seat. He took it better than I thought he would. Still, I didn't want my friends to be upset with Evan and the others. The guys really were trying to be better. I just wish the others would notice how hard they are trying to make things right...

A/N- Hey guys! I know this chapter is short, but hey, it's better than nothing right? Anyways, thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed it! The next chapter will hopefully be up soon.
Also, for all the people who have been asking for the next chapter of Seven Sins, I just wanted you guys to know that I am working on it. I haven't figured out how I want the story to be yet. I have a ton of ideas for it, but I haven't been able to narrow it down just yet. It is in the works right now though, so don't worry! It'll be out ASAP!

Love ya~