You Can't Do That

I woke up, sunshine in my eyes.

What a night..

I smiled, moving my arm.

I then realized something... John wasn't next to me.

I quickly got out of bed, covering myself with the blankets.

I know he was here.. perhaps he wanted to get back before anyone said anything.

I got out of bed, yawning, then walking towards the bathroom to take a shower.

~~~~

Once having breakfast and getting dressed, I thought I'd go over to The Beatle's home and visit since they visit me all the time.

I knocked on the door.

The door immediately opened, John was standing there. Once he saw me he grinned widely,

"Well, hello there." John smirked.

I blushed, "Hey."

"Come in" he moved out of the way so I could come inside their home.

"Hey-Hey! Look who it is! The one and only, Lily! Finally, John made his move, huh?!" Paul exlaimed.

Ringo skipped into the living room where we all were, he smirked at me.

"Didn't know you had it in ya, Lily!" Ringo cheered, patting my back.

My eyes widened, "What are you talking about?"

I looked behind the three boys, George stood in the background with no expression. His eyes seemed a bit red, like he had been crying. I think my heart just cracked a little.

"Oh.. you know... last night.." John winked, he then walked towards me leaned forward and kissed me.

I pushed him away, "What the hell, John!?" I yelled at him.

John's eyes widened. "Wha-"

I slapped him, and ran out of their home in anger and in pain.

I could hear John yelling my name behind me, but I ignored him.

John grabbed my arm, "Lily, what's wrong?"

I slapped his arm away from me, "What the hell John!! We are NOT in a relationship, just because we had sex doesn't instantly mean we're in love or anything. I don't know if I like you like that either way! I-I just... I'm sorry.." I ran inside, looking back I saw John hurt.

How could I be so stupid? I let lust go so far.. just why?

I can't do this anymore.

I never wanted to hurt anybody.

~~~~~

There was a knocking on my downstairs door, I knew it was George. I didn't dare yell at the door or even answer it. I wanted to make it seem like I wasn't even home. But then, the door opened.

Great.

"Lily?" I heard George's voice from downstairs, I stayed quiet.. maybe he'll go away.

I heard footsteps, slowing coming up the stairs.

I was still sat on the couch in the living room.

When he found me, he sighed, "Lily.." He sat next to me.

"What's going on, Lily?"

I remained quiet.

"Come on Lily.." I looked at him, he looked deeply concerned.

"Look, I'm sorry George. We aren't in a relationship, you turned me down and I was just... burning I guess. He was drunk and I was sober, I promise you, it didn't mean anything. I never wanted to hurt you, and I never wanted to hurt anybody...I'm sorry George but...I-I can't keep doing this..."

"W-what do you mean...?" He sounded hurt, Don't cry, don't cry.

"We can't keep this.. Fling anymore.." I said softly, tears forming in my eyes.

"Wh-why?" He looked at me with concern in his eyes.

"I know we're only friends with benefits but... George, I'm starting to fall for you. And what we have now, I don't want lust anymore. I want love. That's why I was so upset with John thinking we were in some sort of relationship when really.. George, it's you." I looked down, tears streaming down my face.

"I'm so sorry..." I said softly.

He took a hold of my chin gently, lifting it up.

"Nothing to apologize for, love.."

"No, I need to, it's not right to do this to you. But it's also not right for me as well.." My voice trailed off.

"Then.... Then marry me" he smiled at me.

"Wha-what?" I looked at George, is he crazy?

"Yeah..." He started to grin widely, shaking his head 'yes'.

"Yeah! Marry me, Lily. I'll go buy a ring, and you can fool around with anybody you'd like! And-and, if you truly love me, then accept my proposal, but if you fall in love with someone else, then I'll understand."

He gazed into my eyes.

"Just know I won't love anybody else but you." He smiled at me with excitement.

"George, are you crazy? How would we tell the world if I accept your proposal?"

"Well, we'll tell 'em we were in a relationship for a few months, it's technically true." He was still smiling.

I sighed, "George, I don't know.."

"Lily, you don't need to know! Just do what your heart says! It's not even official yet, and besides you always do wear rings on your ring finger anyway! So it won't make a differ!" He got up from the couch.

"You can take all the time you need, I'll be there. Always.." He smiled to me.

He left me speechless.

"I'm off to go buy the ring." George kissed me, then he started to walk towards the door, I followed him to see if he'd really head off.

Before he closed the door, he said, "Remember Lily. It's love, not lust."

Thus he was off. I ran to the window, watching George head towards his car.

Oh my god.. he's really doing it.

Before I knew it he was driving up the street.

I sighed, Oh, Lord... What have I gotten myself into?