The Fool on the Hill

The rest of the night we spent at the park talking.

The car pulled up in front of my home.

"Thank you for the night, John. I had a blast" I smiled at him.

"I'm glad you did, we'll have to do this some other time"

I kissed his cheek once we both got out of the car.

"Bye John" I kissed his cheek, causing him to blush.

"Bye Lily" he smiled at me as we went our separate ways back home.

I got inside and as I closed the door I took a deep breath, what a night.

I took off my shoes and walked to the living room.

"George? What are you doing here?" I asked George who was sitting on my couch.

"I could ask you where have you been, but John told us all" he shot back.

"George, you said so yourself. I can date anybody if I want to, we are not official."

He got up from the couch.

"Well, damn it Lily! It doesn't mean you screw around with my best bud some more!"

My eyes widened, "George, we didn't have sex. That was only one time" I said, raising my voice in irritation.

"Oh, yeah right. I told you I would never love anyone but you, and this is how you took it? As some free cheat card? How could you be so ignorant?" He yelled at me.

I gasped, how is this ignorant.

"You said so yourself, I can date anyone. John and I didn't do anything, George. You can't choose who I date and who I can't."

He was about to say something but I interrupted him.

"And what gives you the right to say these things to me?" I started to yelled at him.

"Perhaps if we did things the NORMAL way, this wouldn't have happened. You know, date first, proposal, marriage. NOT sex and marriage, this is NOT Las Vegas, George!"

He sighed. "I-I'm sorry, it just hurts me to see you with someone else. Actually taking my offer..."

"Maybe you should learn how to have better word choices, Harrison." I spat at him.

"Get out of my house, I don't want to see you right now." His eyes widened.

"B-but Lil-"

"No. Just get out," my voice cracked,

George sighed and made his way out of my home.

"Sorry" he told me as he walked out.

I sighed, sitting on the couch.

Choices..Choices.

~~~~~~

A week has passed, George and I barely even talk to each other anymore. I think I really screwed this up.

The phone rang, I set my guitar down and walked to the phone, answering it.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Lils. It's John again." I smiled.

"How're you, John?"

"I'm gear, thanks. George has been acting weird.. but other than that we are all gear!"

I sighed, I did this.

"Anyway.. I was wondering if you'd like to go out on another date with me? We could do the same thing we did the last time, Brian didn't give me a curfew this time" He chuckled.