The Kiss

Jogging down to the fireside and gesturing for Holly to come and sit beside me, it's off-putting as she just gives a gentle smile and turns away. Instead, I watch her sit beside Jamie, and as Jamie's arm lifts to wrap around her shoulder, and Holly's head rests on his neck; I only feel a pang of jealousy.

"Hey mate," Dennis whispers, looking over at them both. "What the hell is going on there?"

"I don't know," I answer, keeping an eye on her infectious smile that makes me feel nauseous all over again in the arms of my mate, "but I really don't like it."

Holly P.O.V

Snuggling into the warmth of Jamie's arms beside the fire like I did with Jack is giving me weird deja vu. Looking over the smoke busting a cloud up just above us all is a face of confusion. Jack and Dennis, sat eyeing us up, looking as if we are just 2 strangers that have rocked up to camp that no one knows.

"Hey," Jamie whispers his husky voice into the side of my ear. "Don't worry about them alright." Placing a soft comforting kiss on the side of my temple, it makes Jack's face break, his mouth lower, eyes twitch and face white.

"Ok!" Iain shouts in contrast. "So hello everyone from Snake Rock, welcome back to camp. Basically, when I won the trial against Kez, it meant that all of us at Crock Creek had won our care packages." He explains. The fact it's hard to spot his tall figure over the darkness, the only people I can really see are Jack and Jamie. "We also had the chance to win your care packages by winning the trials we went up against with you. That's why we didn't let you win all the trials for food."

My heart sinks in that moment.

"Wait." I intervene, completely shocked at what is going on. "So, the reason you didn't lose the challenges was so you could win our care packages for us?"

"Yeah." Jack clarifies, standing and stretching his limbs out. "I'm gonna go to bed."

"Aren't you going to open your care package mate?" Jamie questions from beside me.

"No, mate. I'm not." He puts on an aggressive tone on the word 'mate', jogging up the slope towards 10 Downing Street. "Night guys."

Complete and utter silence fills camp as the door creaks shut to the building, and Jack disappears.

"What the hell is going on?" Becky asks, standing and looking between all of us and the black door where Jack went.

"I think I know what's going on," Jennie reveals. "Holly. Maybe you should talk to him?"

Jamie's grip on my shoulders tightens like he doesn't want me to get up; as if the best thing to do is stay reserved in this stop in the comforting warmth of Jamie. "I'll go talk to him," I confess. "I think I know what's going on too."

Lifting Jamie's arm from across me and kissing his forehead lightly before putting on a pace up the slope, my hand knocks the door of the Prime Ministers house. Looking down at everyone who are coincidentally staring up at me, a creak of the door opening makes me turn back to look at Jack's expression of no smile and dimly lit eyes.

"Jack," I whisper, following him into the little building. "Babe, whats up?"

"Babe?" He mocks like it's funny.

"Why is that funny?"

"You just call everyone babe now?" He mocks simultaneously. "Like every guy, you go off with is now a 'babe'?"

"Jack," I start, coming to the realisation. "Are you jealous, of Jamie and I?"

"You think I'm jealous?" He again mocks in a high pitched voice. "Are you actually serious?"

"Well," I start to explain whilst feeling extremely sick in guilt, "I come back to camp with Jamie and go and sit with him and stuff, and now you're really upset and-"

"Holly!" He exclaims, causing me to be quiet. "Why do you think I'm jealous? Just because I'm in a bad mood, you think that's because you're with Jamie?"

"I'm not with Jamie! I don't know, it's just," I say. "I thought-"

"You know what." He claims, throwing his hands in the air. "If you wanna hug and kiss and cuddle with  Jamie, go ahead. But he deserves so much better."

At this, it only appears now that a tear is rolling down my face. Wiping it away slowly with the back of my hand, I try my best to cover I'm upset, but to the boy with the surfer's hair, it's already showing.

"Whatever Jack." I dismiss, turning around and opening the door. Storming outside and down the stairs, with no one luckily following behind, I try to keep my head down when walking past everyone else towards the dunny.

"Holly!" A deep voice shouts over to me when I reach the toilet. Placing my muddy palms beside the counter on the wooden platform where the plastic bucket for washing our hands is, I lean over the bucket as the tears start to fall in.

"Holl." The voice sympathetically calls again when a hand comes to stroke my back. "Come here silly."

Lifting myself up from the jungle sink and being launched into Jamie's chest, the sound of his heartbeat is what I listen to calm myself down. With his hand treading circles across my back, his chin resting safely on top of my head, and his arms wrapped around my waist, the tears that fall from my eyes are absorbed straight into his t-shirt.

"I'm sorry," I whisper, wiping away the falling water and hoping my eyes don't look too red. "I'm so sorry."

"Babe? What are you sorry for?" He smiles, moving the blonde strands of hair away from my face that has swept over my eyes. "Whatever Jack said, he doesn't deserve you or your time."

"Thanks, J." I mutter, looking up at his baby blue eyes and trying my best to wipe the wet patches that have stained into his shirt.

"Hey, don't worry about that alright." He whispers, looking down at where my hands have clasped onto the collar of his shirt.

Completely forgetting we're in the jungle, Jamie's head unexpectedly swerves down in-front of mine. Before I can even register the closeness, his lips have come to place on mine, his hands running to clasp around my waist. My own arms trapped in his chest with my hair flustering backwards in the wind, I can't even take in the surreal-ness of what is happening.

Jamie Lomas is kissing me.