Emails From Loved Ones

"The password is 7397," Jamie shouts back. Plugging in the number, Jennie gives the thumbs up and reads the question. "What is the capital of Australia?"

"Canberra!" I call, making Jack jump in shock at the sudden volume.

"We have it!" Iain calls again, Vanessa pumping the air with her fist, meaning she will be the first to receive their email from home.

———————————

Jamie P.O.V

"Amir just get a move on!"

"But there's a huge spider on the phone!"

"Well, Jennie is the only one working by the sounds of things!" I retaliate. What it sounds a lot like, Amir is just stood screaming with Jennie trying her socks off to find all of the books and the passwords.

"I got it!"

"You mean Jennie got it."

"Do you want the password?"

Amir tells me the code to which I pass on, and Iain, Holly and the rest of the group discuss their answer and punch it in. So far, we've won Jennie's, Vanessa's and Dennis's.

"Got it!" Jack shouts up to me, giving the thumbs up with one hand whilst the other is wrapped around Holly's waist. With the next username for Becky's email loading up, we all have to stand and wait. "The next one is for Holly."

Honestly, I still do feel a little jealous of Jack and Holly. I guess things are a little different now, but Holly and I are still close. Yet, I miss having hugs with her, flirting and such. With Jack around, I can't be my playful self. Her smile, and that gaze into his eyes when he kisses her, it all makes that pang in my stomach tighter.

"929," I repeat the username to Amir who screams it at Jennie.

Then again, I guess sometimes me and Holly do have hugs and cuddles, but she never objects.

"The password is 1020."

"You've been sitting on it for weeks, so what are the next two letters? A, I, Q, A?"

"BT!" Holly figures after much disagreement. "Bush telegraph."

"Well done Holly, it's right!" Jack smirks, pecking her again. We move onto Iain's email.

Passing on the username, the password and the next question, all of the other campmates mingle down around the computer where I just lay against the side of the telephone box, eyes on Holly, and ears listening to Amir's high pitched bellowing.

"We didn't get it," Iain groans, stamping his feet and resting his head on the top of the box. "Oh well... next ones for Jack."

After a few more, the last one being my own email, Becky reads the question aloud. "On one of the pots in the ammunition box is a yellow code. Input the code."

Released like bees from a hive, all of the campmates rush to the box of ammunition, searching the plates and pots for any yellow imprints. "Got it!" A voice calls that I can't decipher from the crowd. All rushing over and typing in the code, the machine spits out a low beep to tell the answer is wrong.