Strawberry Gate

Jack's sea blue eyes reflect in mine, projecting tiny silver flecks I've never noticed. It's like there's a natural spotlight shining down on his glowing skin and with nothing but candlelight, my body feels warmer as I lean against a flat rock. Jack comes to rest in front of me, standing up between my legs whilst cupping my face and placing a tender kiss on my lips, all while pushing my body up on his own. Every moment his touch comes to contact with my skin, it places a tingling, burning sensation of pleasure. Jack is all I need and want right now; lips to lips whilst his fingers lay under the string of my bikini straps. But I pull away from his grip when my stomach roars because I'm so hungry.

"Can we go eat?" I ask in between small and playful kisses.

"I swear you're always hungry!" He smirks. "But so am I. Yeah - let's go eat,"

Holly P.O.V

"We're back!" Iain calls with a negative tone, walking back into camp from the dingo dollar challenge empty-handed. "We didn't win guys."

"Where's Amir?" Shappi enquires over from laying inside her hammock. Like on cue, Amir walks down the path in a large, black cat costume.

Even Kez, the most serious of camp members burst into bowls of laughter when seeing a lightweight world champion dressed as the mascot of Postman Pat. Breathing heaving from my mouth and nose while laughing, trying harder not to fall on the floor, Amir just stands, taking the laughter in with a grin.

"What was the prize?"

"Strawberries and cream." Iain answers. "And we didn't get it."

"Awh, well that's a bummer," Jack says with a mocked sulk, brushing his hair away. "But oh well."

"Sorry that we didn't win it for your birthday's guys," Amir utters.

"It's ok," I reassure him, walking over and hurling myself towards his fluffy cat costume. "It doesn't matter."

"But it does!" Iain moans, coming over to Jack and giving him a bro hug. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be, honestly Iain." Dennis intervenes. "It was our fault we didn't get the question correct."

With a lower mood on the camp, Iain and Amir head to the telegraph whilst I towel dry my short hair with the help of heat from the fire. Sat around, looking at the evergreen where the sun has pretty much gone down, I notice that on Jack's chair lays a pair of women's underpants.

"Whose knickers are on my chair?" Jack laughs, walking over and picking them up. "Jennie, are these yours?"

"Oh yeah." She blushes. "I left them there to dry."

"Well, you should withdraw your draws from Jack's chair." Shappi jokes. "Do you wish to withdraw your draws?"

"I do." Jennie laughs, jogging over with a spring and clutching her clothes with embarrassment.

"You want to dry them?"

"Yeah," Jennie answers my question, "why, you know a quicker way?"

Chucking my towel into my hammock with it threatening to tip, Jennie chucks her garments towards me. Catching them, I pick up a stick that's detached and fallen from one of the trees, lacing it through the underwear and holding it over the fire like I would if I were roasting marshmallows.

"That's genius!" Jennie exclaims, running over and taking the branch off of me.

"Just don't let them catch fire."

Walking back over to my hammock, and trying my best to chuck Jamie out who refuses to move from my sleeping spot, I grab the sides of the hammock, rocking it aggressively in the hope he moves.

He screams, "Holly oh my god!" When the hammock almost tips, and he clutches into the cloth for his life. "Ok I'll move - I'll move!"

"Thank you very much," I giggle, climbing back into my own hammock while Jamie rushes over to his own. Staring up at the sky, it's Iain's announcement that catches me out.

"Ok, everyone! I have a confession to make." He calls over the camp, waving his hands for attention whilst Amir is completely out of sight. "We did actually win the strawberries and cream in the trial today."

"Seriously!" I gasp, sitting up and rocking the hammock. With everyone back up on their feet, as morale has been pretty low so far in camp, all I could do right now is finish off some strawberries. "Where are they?"

"I thought it would be a great idea to eat the strawberries by myself, and I'm very sorry." He says glumly, stood still and met with many faces of disbelief.

"You're joking right?" Jack asks, looking at Dennis, me and back at Iain.

"No, it's true and I'm sorry."

"Well-" I question, not believing he did it himself, "where's Amir?"

"I'm sorry I ate them all. Especially sorry to Jack and Holly because I know it's your birthday, and I wish I didn't do it." He apologizes again, avoiding my question completely.

Jamie huffs, "well mate, that's not funny at all. Those would have been for Holly and Jack."

"I know, and I'm terribly sorry." He repeats, walking over to me slowly and holding me in his grip. "So sorry Holly."

"I don't know if I believe you," I whisper into his shoulder when he moves away and does the same to Jack.

With an infuriated Jamie and Dennis, they both head to the telegraph to find Amir, whilst I follow Iain down to the creek, watching him do his chores and duties while I sit contently beside the rippling water from the light rain. "It isn't a big deal Iain."

"But it is, and now the campmates will all hate me for it."

"It's such a small thing, Iain," I comment sympathetically, rubbing his back while a tear streams from his eye. "Don't worry about it, alright?"

"Thanks, Holly."

Sat down on the rocks whilst watching Iain doing the dishes, and chatting about the overall situation, he doesn't answer my questions about Amir; he avoids the questions every time I ask. "I don't believe it was just you Iain; you wouldn't do that."

"Well, it was," he comments, picking up and drying the pots and pans. "Let's go back to camp. Come on,"

Reaching the main camp again, Amir, Jamie and Dennis are the only ones not lounging around. I go to join Vanessa and Becky; Iain isolates himself away from us all because of the fear of not being accepted or forgiven.

"Wanna chat, Iain?" I call over, peering over my shoulder to see him led, staring at the sky and playing with the ear of Jennie's son's little orange monkey.

"No thanks," he replies flatly, not moving his gaze from the sky.

"I don't think it was him," I whisper to Vanessa, "he seems way to apologetic."

"He probably feels bad." Vanessa adds, "especially for you and Jack."

"True," I mumble, looking back over again where a tear has fallen down his cheek.

-----------------

After a silent dinner with an awkward and uncomfortable feeling in the air, with Amir being included in the conversation and Iain looking like a slapped arse, quiet and depressed, Dennis comes through from the telegraph, reading the handwriting with a great smile on his face.

"Celebrities, due to it being Jack and Holly's birthday, you will have the chance to win their phone calls from loved ones at home. Around camp, 10 numbers are hidden. 8 of them are duds, whereas the other 2 are real. If you dial one of the correct numbers, then the call will be transferred. You have 15 minutes to find the numbers and make the 2 calls. Good luck!"