The Live Trial

Taking myself away, and breaking into a grin so big my jaw actually aches, he breathes out heavily, catching his breath. "Come on Holl, you've got a big day tomorrow."

Getting myself adjusted under the lacy covers on the thin mattress like a crash mat, Jack leans down and pecks my forehead, tapping my nose like I'm some sort of child.

"Night Jack." I smile, watching his movement as he buried himself under his sheets.

"Night trouble."

————————

Jack P.O.V

"Jack, wake up babe." A light voice whispers, slowly caressing the side of my arm while my eyes are still relaxed and shut.

"What time is it?" I murmur, rolling over to look up at Holly, who is fully dressed and ready to get off on her adventures.

"Who knows! But we need to be up early remember? You have the trial today."

"Oh yeah." I'm reminded, scratching my forehead and wiping the loose hair away from my face. "Good luck today trouble."

"Why are you calling me trouble?" She laughs, sitting down beside me and leaning over, tying up the laces of her shoes.

I smile in return. "I don't know actually."

"Well get up, we all have a big day today."

Pecking my lips, she leans away from me and stands, opening the door and walking outside. Pushing the bedsheets away from myself; slipping my feet into my boots while straightening out my ruffled hair with my hands, I follow after Holly and eat breakfast of rice and beans with everyone else joint around the campfire.

"So-" Dennis purges when I stand beside the jungle toilet, spitting out the toothpaste into the plastic sink while he walks behind me into the dunny. "First night in number 10? How was it?"

"Yeah, good thanks, Dennis." I grin a broad smile. "I mean yeah, it was certainly interesting."

"Anything happen?" He laughs, coming it again and picking up his toothbrush. "Did you put it on her?"

"Is that still a saying?" I chuckle. "But yeah, just a peck."

"Well, I'm glad things are working out for you two now." He tells me.

After a small discussion, we all decide on the right time to head to the clearing. "Good luck today" Vanessa jokes, patting my back heavily. "You're gonna need it!"

"You just wait for it, White." I tease, watching her catch up with Becky and Holly up ahead.

"This is where we say goodbye then." Becky cheers, hugging hold of Holly, her teammate.

Holly adds, "boys! Be prepared to get your asses kicked!"

"You wish!" Dennis mocks, running past both the girls. Watching Holly and Becky laugh at Jamie and Dennis's boyish antics whilst they climb all over each other, Holly's face flicks to me, giving me a playful wink before being dragged away by Becky.