Never Have I Ever Kissed Another Campmate

"Basically you say never have I ever have done something, and if you have you normally drink. But we don't have any alcohol, so we can just use water." I explain, grabbing my water bottle. "So like, never have I ever...cheated on a partner, and then if you have, then you drink."

"Oh, okay yeah let's do it!" Dennis agrees, jumping up from his position and joining all of us around the fire with our water bottles.

It's not long after we start playing that Holly and Kez join us, playing too while we share our pots of well-earned salt and vinegar crisps.

————————

Holly P.O.V

"So what are we playing?" I ask as I've only just got the memo that we are playing a game after devouring the salt and vinegar crisps. After such a lovely treat and the strong taste like heaven to the mouth, Shappi asks me if I know how to play never have I ever.

"She'll know, she's a YouTuber!" Jack laughs, jogging beside me and plonking himself down on the wooden log. "Ok, so I'll start. Never have I ever..." he stutters, "given someone a fake phone number."

To this, myself, Becky, Jamie and Dennis take a sip of our drinks. "Holly!" Jamie gasps, holding his water bottle but pointing out with his free finger.

"Like all the time!" I laugh. "My turn," we agree to go around the campfire. "Never have I ever sent a dirty text to the wrong person."

To this, it takes a gentle pause, before finally, Amir owns up, taking a swig quickly and placing his bottle back down. "I'm sorry!" He exclaims, laughing and throwing his head back.

"Who did you send it to?" Vanessa sniggers, to which Amir answers his mum.

"Oh my god Amir!" Jack breaths, facepalming his forehead. Laughing so hard at Amir's scrunched up face, I start to lose my breath after only a few seconds.

"Your turn Jennie."

"Never have I ever, peed myself laughing so hard?"

"Amir just did!" I joke, pointing at his blushing red face as he splashed some of the water from his bottle across it.

After a few rounds of the game, things start to heat up a little as a few dirty truths about Becky, Jack, Kez and Iain are all unravelled.

"Never have I ever," Iain thinks, swiping his chin, "been caught having sex by a parent."

"Never," I admit, surrendering my hands in the air where the only people to drink are Kez and Jamie.

"Kez?" Iain gasps.

"I was like 16!" She justifies, laughing. "When I had a figure like Holly and Becky!"

"Awh thanks love!" Becky grins, looking and cuddling her side.

Jack P.O.V

"Hey mate?" Amir bumps my side, giving it a small nudge, "so hows you and Holly?"

"Good yeah." I laugh in between gasps for air, from Jamie's answer to a different never have I ever question. "Why?"

"Have you kissed yet?"

"Amir!" I grin, trying my best to lower my voice so Holly doesn't hear us from beside me. "She doesn't know I like her."

"She does!" He exclaims a little louder than expected.

"Who does?" Holly smiles, looking over at Amir and raising a brow. "Who does what?"

"Nothing!" He pipes up in a stutter. "Is it my go?"

Receiving a nod from Holly, and giving me a small smirk before raising his own camouflage bottle above the campfire, he asks, "never have I ever eyed up another campmates body?"

To this, I drink after Holly does, as many of the other girls take sips of their water too. "All the girls except for Becky?" I laugh, looking beside me at Holly who's face is buried in her hands in shame.

"Sorry Jack, your abs are just too good!" She admits, resting her head cutely in embarrassment on my shoulder, trying to gain her composure again.

"Ok, can I have a go?" Iain pipes up, as it's meant to be my turn, but I allow it to him anyway. Emphasising by turning to me and giving Holly and I a squint at the eye, he asks, "never have I ever kissed another campmate?"

"Why did you ask that?" Holly laughs in nervousness. "Really Iain?"

"Iain if she isn't comfortable answering..." Jamie defends her, and as I examine his face, it's a look of nervousness mirroring the look on Holly's.

"Just answer the stupid question!" Becky's urges "kissed anywhere."

As myself and Holly take a sip, so do Vanessa and Jamie, laughing at each other's reactions. "It was on the cheek, so don't lose it!" Vanessa defends, holding her hands up and staring back down. But turning my head to the right to spot a still nervous Holly, not making any eye contact contrasting the last hour we have been playing, I decided to ask a question.

"My turn," I state. "Never have I ever kissed another campmate - on the lips?"

To this, my bottle is placed on the floor as I would have surely remembered such a special event with her. Her cheeks flush an even darker shade of red.

"You ok J?" Jennie turns to Jamie, who looks up quick in worry and anxiety. "Be honest."

"I admit it." He flatly unleashes, opening the bottleneck of his flask and taking a sip. To this, whistles come from Iain and Dennis, who clap him on, but personally, I don't find it too amusing.

"Did you kiss Vanessa?" Kez asks, as now it's like a competition to find the culprit.

"No." He shakes his head, biting softly on his lip and staring into the middle of nowhere. But in this moment, Holly takes a chug from her water, and a flat-out extended breath tells me everything.

"You two - kissed. When?" I ask in disbelief, slowly and more rationally than I expected to.

"Mate it wasn't anything, it was like a few days ago but I promise you mate we are just friends." Jamie justifies, and next to me, Holly just stays completely still and quiet.

"I'm so sorry babe." She whispers, giving me a gentle smile of apology before standing up. Looking at the phone number on the back of her top, she turns away, stepping over the log and running up to the telegraph. With Jennie and Shappi jumping up to follow her, the camp goes completely quiet.

"I'm gonna get some kip," Jamie states in embarrassment, removing himself and walking past me. With a gentle tap on the shoulder for some sort of attempted comfort, I just stare at my hands that are clasped into each-other, resting on my knees.

"When did they do it?" Becky whispers up to Dennis and Amir, as they give a shrug and just turn to look over at my depressed expression. "You alright mate?"

"Yeah, just great."

Absolutely brilliant. The girl I was planning on telling I have a crush on, and devoting all my time to, kissed my best mate. And never told me anything.