The Final Emails

"Dingo freaking dollars!" I exclaim, harvesting the bag from the ground and swinging it around my head like a lasso. "Come on, let's go get that treat!"

Walking to Kiosk Keith's Outback Shack, Jennie and I come across the board with the prizes on. "Jamie and Iain's emails - $100, or custard creams - $100."

"It's a no-brainer really," I say to Jennie. "Emails?"

"100%," Jennie agrees as we walk up to the shack. "They better get the answer right!"

——————————

Jack P.O.V

The phone ringing wakes me from my gaze. Since the girls are at the challenge, and they're the only two to give any sort of energy to camp life, it's been silent but peaceful.

Getting up, I step up to the box, picking up the red telephone and urging everyone to wake up with a quick call. "Jennie and Holly have successfully completed today's Dingo Dollar Challenge, but in order to win the prize, you must answer the following question correctly. Which celebrity has done more episodes in their respective soap opera? A) Jennie on Coronation Street, or B) Jamie on Hollyoaks?"

I repeat the question over the camp, all of our eyes turning to Jamie. "How long you been doing it for then, mate?" Dennis asks.

"I've been on Hollyoaks since 2011, so six or seven years."

"How long has Jennie been on Corrie then?" I ask. "She's 33,"

"She's been in it way longer than 7 years. I'm sure of it." Iain pipes up. "We were talking about it yesterday."

"Are you sure Iain?"

"100%"

Amir continues. "But I still think it's Jamie."

"I haven't been on Hollyoaks that long though," Jamie adds, "I was in casualty first when I was really young."

"So Jennie?"

"Yeah, Jennie."

Coming to our final decision, I talk down the phone, "ok, our final answer is A) Jennie." The phone is hung up. Coming out of the phone box and crowding back around the fire where Amir and Dennis are sat around, we all end up making small talk until the girls arrive as the sun is going down.

"Hey people!" Holly calls in a more bubbly voice than her usual hyperactive one. "Guess what we have?"

"Food?" I chuckle, watching them come over with the cloche in hand.

"Better."

Holly P.O.V

Sitting beside the fire, I figure it's best to read out Iain's email. The smiles on both of their faces are absolutely magnificent, broad and white when I sit and roll out the paper. "Holly, you read Iain's first." Jennie urges.

"Ok," I say, reading the first line. "Dear Daddy,"

"Oh my gosh." Iain's face loosens, his hand placed on his chest. "Oh my god."

"You did very well on the rocket trial, we felt scared and were worried watching you because we know you were scared of heights. Thank you so much for doing it for us. We thought you were incredible because you jumped for the last part and we thought you might not do it. We were so happy you did it we jumped around! You are our hero! We think you're doing super super well at not eating much food, so when you come back we will take you to the Japanese restaurant where they cook the food on the table."