'I Love You' & Jack's Interview

Catching the boys little joke, I hold my breath. Even though there's only one day left, I wouldn't want any of the boys to leave today. Jack pecks my temple, lacing my hand in his. Gripping it tightly, Ant and Dec produce the results.

"The next campmate to leave the I'm a Celebrity jungle is...

Jack."

---------------------

Jack P.O.V

I smile shortly. My time in the jungle is officially over.

Watching the boys leave up the pathway, I stand up, ready to say my goodbyes.

"See you tomorrow Jack," Iain nods, giving me a reassuring pat on the back and handing me my bag. "Have a nice breakfast mate,"

"Thanks." I grin, moving onto Jamie. "I'll see you tomorrow J. Thanks for everything."

"See you soon," Jamie smiles, hugging me quick. I let out a small sharp breath of air when I fling my bag over my shoulder. Moving onto the last campmate to say my goodbyes to, my girlfriend Holly, her face has scrunched up, tears threatening to flow.

"Congrats baby, final three," I whisper into her neck, pulling her into the warmest and gentle hug. "I'll see you tomorrow, have an amazing - "

"I love you, Jack," Holly says into my chest. Her eyes flick up to mine. "so much."

I grin, my stomach turning at every word said from her mouth. Like slow motion, I feel light-headed with happiness and excitement. Giving a short kiss goodbye to her lips, I reply, "I love you too, Holly."

Giving a final wave, leaving my girlfriend in Iain's hands, I guess I underestimated how hard it would be to leave such incredible people behind.

The final three, Holly, Jamie and Iain.

Stumbling up the metal bridge, where the view over the trees is colossal and magnificent, I peer down to see the final three campmates waving me off to freedom. Holly, waving and whistling, Iain, smiling and cheering, Jamie, grinning and giving almighty thumbs up, I actually start to feel extremely emotional being the one on the bridge instead of the one waving goodbye.

"Jack Maynard everyone, your 4th place campmate!" Ant announces when I step foot up in the studio. Cameras on cameras line across the side of the wooden mounted studio. Throwing down my bag after saying hello to the presenters, I'm led to sit on a wooden bench with my own glass of champagne.

"So you're out of the jungle now Jack, how are you feeling?"

"Overwhelmed," I laugh. "Like there are people and cameras everywhere."

"Well before we have a chat, let's have a look at your jungle highlights.

Watching the monitor, the first little clips popping up are the journey into the jungle. My petrified face in the chopper, the plank challenge, meal tickets, arriving at camp. Then the second day with the 'Worst Dates' trial with Holly, bundling and working the bath, 'Balance the Budget', the shower, singing with Dennis and Jamie, becoming prime minister, all of my little cuddles and such with Holly, 'Fear Factory', my phone call from home for my birthday, press-ups, emails from loved ones, and so much more, all the way up to the 'Celebrity Cyclone' and meeting Conor in camp.

"You've done a lot in camp over the past 22 days," Dec says, "was it what you expected?"

"Never," I shake my head. "You know when you watch the show, the trials are such a big thing, but so small in real life. You prepare yourself for the things you don't really need to."

"Well you certainly did your fair share of challenges, let's have a look."

Watching the monitor again, the first few trials to pop up are 'Walk the Plank', 'Worst Dates', 'Dreaded Departure Lounge', 'Celebrity Cyclone' and 'Fear Factory'. "That cyclone was the best thing ever."

"It looked a lot of fun, it really did." Ant laughs. "Well in the jungle you got along with everyone in camp, but there was actually one campmate who we feel as if you were close to, and another you were a bit come and go with, and that's Holly and Jamie."

"How are you and your girlfriend at the moment?"

"Yeah, we're good," I'm teased. "I mean, we grew so close in there. I knew Holly before we came in because of our YouTube channels, so we just clicked on that first day."

Being introduced to another highlight reel, it's pictures and videos of mine and Holly's time. Cuddling, kissing, fighting, more cuddling, doing the trials, the piggyback rides and the screams and the love. Every little detail, even those I was certain the cameras didn't catch, shows up on the monitor. "How do you think you and Holly will be outside the jungle then?"

"Hopefully ok," I say. "I don't want this to end at all. I mean, I've completely fallen in love with her, so yeah," blushing at the end of the sentence when Holly springs up on the screen behind me.

Dec leads on to a further question about Jamie. "You and Jamie got on very well at times, but there were sometimes maybe you weren't on the best terms?"

"I don't think I was off with Jamie," I mutter. "I mean we're great friends now anyway so..."

"Well, it seemed that Jamie was also fond of your girlfriend Holly?"

"Oh yeah," I breathe in a sharp cold breath. "But we talked, and Jamie completely understands. I mean, Holly has said to me loads that she only sees Jamie as a friend. I mean I trust Holly with my life, so I think it's all ok."

"Well, there was a moment that swept the nation, and that's when Jamie and Holly got a little more intimate. You know what happened, but do you want to see it?"

"Not really, no," I shrug, knowing exactly what's about to pop up on the screen. Showing it anyway, I watch the video of Jamie moving towards my own girlfriend, kissing her quick before jumping away.

"The nation went mad about it, it was everywhere!" Ant says. "How do you feel about that?"

"You know, Jamie and I are great friends now; Holly and I are on the best terms we've been on in ages, and she's my girlfriend now, so it's all behind us."

"That's good to hear. Well, Jack before you go, we have to ask, who do you want to win?"

"Uh....." I think, scanning at each of the final three's faces, led around in camp for their final day. "Yeah, I'll have to say, Holly."

"Well that's it everyone, Jack is your fourth place celebrity! The vote has reopened and you're voting for your King or Queen of the jungle!"

Going through the telephone numbers for the rest of the campmates, Ant and Dec bid me farewell from the jungle. Grabbing my champagne, flipping my hat on my head, and walking the red bridge to freedom, I'm overcome with all of the fireworks, lights and noise. As the confetti cannons launch, all cutouts of paper piling across my head, the familiar face of my brother walks out on the bridge.

"Well done bro," Conor smiles, posing for the cameras, stood on the star and being flashed with white light. "You've done us proud!"

And thinking back on it, this has been the best experience I could have ever had. Over the past 22 days, I've done more than I could ever imagine doing. I even have a girlfriend now!

It's been, perfect.

————————————

So Jack has left the jungle! Holly, Iain and Jamie are left, and it's only a few more chapters until this book has finished. I've been having some thoughts, and I'm going to post a chapter soon about what's happening after the book. (The Imagines book is still happening) Xx

Thanks to the lovely mollyb1105  for all the ongoing love and support Xx