Chapter Three

It's been a whole week since I've been to school. My friends were ringing me every second of the day and I chose to ignore all of them.

It wasn't supposed to happen this way.

I told my mom about what happened the moment I got home after leaving Taehyung speechless in the abandoned classroom and she told me it was okay if I wanted to skip school since she knows about everything.

I didn't mean for the kiss to deepen so badly into a full-on make out session. And I hadn't expected him to slide his hands and gripped my waist tightly, holding me onto him.

I couldn't stand it. All those feelings that I've bottled up since sophomore year? Blah. They're coming back anyway.

Was this suppose to happen? Did fate really wanted me share my true feelings to him?

Only time could tell, I told myself as I jumped onto the bed, preparing myself for a question bombarding day tomorrow.

~*~*~*~*~*

"Sun Mi! Where the hell have you been?"

"Don't you know what a phone is? You could have called us!"

"Oh Sun Mi! I demand you tell me what happened!"

"Guys, just chill, okay? It wasn't that bad, was it? It's not like I missed an entire week of school."

My sarcasm had them shocked to no words. I wasn't one to use sarcasm, in fact, I hated it and its tone.

"Oh Sun Mi, what is going on?"

I frowned and told them I was fine as I shrugged them off by leaving to my first class of the day, Chemistry.

~*~*~*~*~*

"Sun Mi."

I stopped halfway in my tracks as my eyes widened. What did he want?

"Please just talk to me. I can help you, you know."

I turned around. I was fuming in anger. How dare he tells me that he can help me when he was the one who left me?

"No, you can't, Jeon Jeongguk. You don't even know who I am anymore."

And with that, I walked away. But I couldn't move, because he had wrapped his hand around my wrist and pulled me to his chest.

"I do know you, Sun Mi. Please. Just give me the chance to win you back. I promise, I'll never cheat on you again. Please. I love you."

I was literally on fire. My anger rose another step higher and I felt like I was the demon myself.

"Who the hell are you to tell me that you love me? You have no f*cking right! You were the one who lied to me! You were the one who left me! How dare you say you love me?!"

I yelled in his face, not caring if anyone saw us. I couldn't care less, because this was the boy who made me lose my shy and sweet personality. This was the boy who made me realised the real me. The one who is arrogant, brave and willing to take risks.

"Sun Mi, please."

I shook my head, turned around and ran. I didn't care where I was going, as long as it was away from here.

And there goes my plan to avoid Taehyung. I didn't know he would be at the abandoned block as I stepped in and drew a breath.

He dropped the basketball that was in his hands and looked at me with wide eyes and an agape mouth.

"What?"

I snapped. I didn't like people staring at me and he wasn't an exception.

"Nothing. You alright, Sun Mi?"

I nodded and walked to the corner of the classroom. I threw my bag onto the floor and just slumped onto the corner, ignoring Taehyung in the process.

As I stuck my earbuds into my ears and blasted TVXQ's Catch Me, I thought Taehyung would do the same by ignoring me. But instead, he came over and took out my left earbud and stuck it in his left ear as he sat on my right.

"Uh, do you mind?"

I stared at him as he nodded to he beat of the music. The slight wrinkles on the corner of his eye and cute dimples on his cheek making my heart soar.

"Taehyung?" I snapped my fingers impatiently a and stared at him. But he still ignored me.

"Kim Taehyung. Are you even listening to me?"

I was about to pinch his cheek, but he beat me to it and grabbed onto my wrist, pulling me closer to him.

I gasped and blushed as I noticed that my own lips was only a few millimetres away from his. He looked pale and his lips were kind of a blueish colour.

I felt protective and placed my right hand on his forehead. I gasped as I felt that he was burning up.

"Taehyung.."

"Hmm?"

"You're burning."

"Ara (I know)."

"Why aren't you at the infirmary instead?"

"Because I knew you'll come here."

And with that, he collapsed into my arms and fell onto my lap, with cold sweat surrounding his forehead.

~*~*~*~*~*

It's been two hours since Taehyung fell ill on top of me and I counted that we had missed two periods of Biology, one period of a Child Development and we were currently missing lunch.

I softly stroke his soft hair. He looked so peaceful sleeping after his fever went down half an hour ago.

"Mmm.."

"Taehyung, waegure (what's wrong)?"

"Mmm.. Sun Mi.."

"Wae, Taehyung? I'm here."

"Saranghae."

I froze as I registered what he said. He might still be unconscious, but from what I heard, people who sleep-talk actually tell the truth. Could he really mean it?

I looked at my watch and groaned. The old me wouldn't skip class for more than half a period. Now, I had already skipped four and a half periods just by taking care of Taehyung.

I couldn't help but not care about my school work at the moment. Taehyung, my old crush, the one that I rejected, was currently on my lap, sleeping, making me feel things that I'm not supposed to.

Maybe letting those feelings come back was a bad thing.