Chapter Twenty-One [Taehyung POV]

"Say what?"

"She's leaving. As in like on an airplane and bye bye?" I stared at Baekhyun hyung as if he had three heads. She wouldn't leave without saying goodbye, would she? Then I had a flashback of the time we literally broke up and I knew it. She really was leaving, withouth saying goodbye.

"Tae, if you don't hurry now. You're gonna miss her. Her flight's in like an hour and you have about half an hour to catch her before she boards." I thanked Baekhyun hyung before running into the house and grab my keys.

"Good luck!" I yelled a 'thanks' as I started my car and drove as fast as I could, without caring about speed limits, to the airport, hoping that by the time I reach, Sun Mi would still be there.

~*~*~*~*~*

"Flight AK3589 to California, please proceed to Gate 15 for boarding. Thank you."

I silently thanked God for being with me and quickly ran to Gate 15. I was sure that Sun Mi would already be waiting at the gate for her boarding, seeing that she was one to be organised.

I searched high and low but I couldn't find her. Had she already board the plane? Was I too late?

Suddenly, I see a very familiar beige beanie and a very familiar backside. I ran to her and placed my hand on her shoulder, turning her around. But I was mistaken, this girl wasn't Sun Mi. So I mumbled sorry and quickly turned to look for her again.

I wasn't successful. Because in the half hour that everyone was boarding, I did not see her in the line or sitting somewhere waiting for her turn. When the gate finally closed and all the passengers were on board, I finally gave in and turned, giving up on looking for her.

Maybe it was over. She was gone.

~*~*~*~*~*

"Taehyung!"

"Sehun hyung? You didn't go to the US with ahjussi and imo?" To say I was shocked, would be the least of the words used to describe me right now. I had thought their whole family went.

"Aniya. Eomma and appa are still here. It's just Sun Mi who left. Plus, I'm a trainee, I can't just give up on my dreams and leave. Besides, she left to attend university." In the pass months that I haven't seen Sehun hyung, he had grown skinnier, but fairly muscular.

"University? I thought she left for good." If she just left for school, she could've told me. I would've understand.

"Maybe she didn't want you to worry." Sehun hyung smiled and produced a letter from the back pocket of his jeans. "Anyway, take this, it's from Sun Mi. She told me to give it to you only a week after she left. I would've given it to you earlier, but Sun Mi can be very scary when she wants to be."

I nodded and received the letter. "Thanks, hyung."

"Hey, no need to thank me. I was just doing my job as a delivery man." Sehun hyung smiled before looking at his watch. "Oh, shoot. I gotta go. I've got dance practice in half an hour. Bye, Taehyung!"

We said our goodbyes and parted ways. I got in my car and decide to drive home before reading her letter. But temptation got the best of me, so I stopped my car halfway to the house just to read it.

On the envelope was my name, written in English and cursive. When I ripped it open, a waft of Sun Mi's perfume came rushing into my nose. I breathed in the scent, sad that I wouldn't be able to smell it anymore.

I took out the letter and unfolded it, glanced at her tidy writing and began to read:

Dear Taehyung,
By the time you read this, I'm sure I've left and you're probably wondering why I didn't tell you. But I was, I was really going to tell you after our graduation ceremony, but I guess I was too timid.

I regret not telling you because I know you might be angry at me right now or you might never want to see me again. But truth is, Taehyung, I really wanted to leave quietly. I couldn't bear to see you get hurt if I told you.

So, please, for me, move on? We can see new people, experience different love cycles. Especially since long distance relationships don't turn out well most of the time.

Taehyung-ah, it's time you let go of me and I, you. It's time for you to see that there's other people out there that's far more better than I'll ever be. It's time, that you understand that love hurts, but it won't last forever. As long as you try and move on, you're moving on from the hurt I've caused and channel all your feelings for someone new.

It's not that I don't love you. I do. I really do. I just really want you to know that I'm a broken girl. Someone who's been through more than what other girls have. And I don't deserve you. You're perfect, flawless and strong-witted. Any girl would be lucky to have you.

So, for me? Please move on.

Love you always,
Sun Mi.

It really was it. We were done. Over. Again.

[A/N: I feel that I spoil you all too much. Anyway, one-shot contest ends in a chapter and an epilogue. Winners will be announced once epilogue is out. So please, if you have decide to enter and have finish writing it, do a post a link in either chapters so I can add it in a reading list and start judging c:

I love you all so much. Thank you for making the whole ride worth while. Love you all <3]