Chapter Twenty

"And now, everyone, I want to call up this year's valedictorian, Oh Sun Mi. Please give a round of applause to her."

I got up on stage and thanked the principal before turning to face the crowd. In front of me were people I never had the chance to talk to, friends, foes, families and most importantly, my boyfriend. I smiled and sucked in a deep breath before beginning my speech.

"Hello to all of you sitting there, wearing our school's graduation caps and gowns. It's been four long years we've been in this school and I'm sure most of us will leave without regrets, and some, leave with everything."

"For me, I regret being this unsocial butterfly and never got the chance to talk to most of you. Even though you might be my seat mate in a class, or a project partner, I have to say, I am terribly sorry for not trying to communicate with you."

"This year, is our senior year. We're meant to make things memorable for not only us, but to the teachers as well. Most of you have made bucket lists, and I could see them being accomplished each day. I hate to say this, but I think I might miss everything when we've finally gone our ways."

"We've had a lot of things happen this year. And I don't want to just focus on the bad things. I want to focus on the happy ones, the ones that make the day for everyone. We've all had our fair share of laughs, and tears. And to make up those who have bad days most of the time, my friends and I have put together a video featuring everyone and their happy moments at school. Enjoy!"

I nodded at Mikaela, a junior in our school and was manning the DJ position for today, as she pressed play and out came the title of our video followed up the moments. I stepped down from the podium and searched the crowd silently. Taehyung, who noticed me searching, gave me a thumbs up and mouthed 'I love you'.

I mouthed the exact same words back and turned my head to watch the video. It wasn't easy, collecting each and every one of it. We had to ask almost everyone for footage and had to edit the whole thing for twelve hours straight. It was tiring, but it was worth it.

The video ended with a collage we made with everyone in it and was smiling happily. I smiled and mouthed thank you to Mikaela before getting up to the podium and end my speech.

"It has been fun with you all while it lasted. But now, it is time we move on. To a place where even greater memories will brew. It is time for us to part, and I'm sure most of us don't want to. But let me tell you this, it isn't the distance that keeps you apart, it's your heart. Thank you."

I moved down the podium as everyone clapped and Principal Kim stepped up to welcome our DJ for today, and asked for her to play some songs in the background so the whole graduation wouldn't be so boring. Yeah, that's how cool our principals is.

I walked down the stage and took my seat, one row down from Yoongi, who was sitting right in front of me. He turned to give me a thumbs up as I sat down and I smiled, thanking him. Taehyung, who was sitting about four rows ahead, was listening intently (I think) to whatever Principal Kim is saying. But when I look closely, he's definitely trying to not fall asleep.

The ceremony past by fast and soon we were receiving our graduation certificates and pictures were being taken from every corner. The moment the ceremony ended, Taehyung ran up to me and hugged me, kissing me on the lips in the process. I squealed, but kissed him back.

Until someone beside us cough, before we pulled apart. I guess my face was a deep red because everyone was teasing and laughing at us. Eomma, appa and oppa, came and hug me. They asked Taehyung and Yoona unnie to join us before asking Seokjin oppa to help us take the picture.

When that was done, eomma and appa gathered all seven of the boys, Yoona unnie and I together to take a picture. We were all smiles and happiness. And when eomma showed me the picture, I felt the tinge of regret, crawling up my heart as I wondered: how was Taehyung going to react if I told him?

[A/N: yes, this chapter ends here. Don't worry though, there's still two more chapters and an epilogue to come. So for all of you who is joining the one-shot contest I put up, please comment the links to it by the end of the epilogue.

I feel so sad, cause this book is about to end soon. But no worries, because I've got another one planned, hehe.

I love you all so much. Thank you all for the support and the comments and the votes. Love you <3]