Chapter Eleven

Taehyung POV

"Taehyung, there's something I need to tell you."

Her sweet smile had vanished and a frown in its place. My smile wavered but stayed as I nodded and led her to the entrance of Erland's Sweet Tea, a 24-hour coffee shop that served the best pancakes and coffee.

"Taehyung! Sun Mi! Oh, how lovely to see you both! How long has it been? 2 years? Oh, it feels just like yesterday when you two first met here!"

Lilian Park, a waitress in her sixties, has been working here for more than ten years. We were all so close after the first time our group came, and she still was a loveable person. I smiled at her as she led us to a secluded table, where no one could eavesdrop or interrupt us.

"I'll come and take your orders later. Looks like you've got stories to tell. But first, here are two glasses of water. Enjoy!"

I smiled at her and sat Sun Mi down. The frown on her face never fades as I sat myself down and stared at the cover of the menu in front of me. Why was the atmosphere so awkward and stuffy?

"Taehyung, I know after you hear what I'm about to say, you'll start asking questions and get mad. But please, promise you won't? At least for the sake of me."

My mouth formed a thin line as I nodded and stared at her. She looked pale, much paler than before. Holy hell, was this the part where she says she's a vampire? Wait. Where the fuck did that thought come from?

I settled down and watched as she took in a deep breath. She seemed nervous about me getting angry when she hasn't even told me anything yet.

"Let's break up."

And that was it. The three words that I never thought to hear after four and a half months of dating. Did fate and destiny really hated us for it to be his way?

"What?"

"I said, let's br-"

"I heard what you said. Why?"

"It's not you. It's me."

"Don't give me that shit."

"You promised you wouldn't get angry."

"And I'm not," I really wasn't angry, yet. I'm trying really hard to contain it in, but I'm not sure if I can hold it in much longer.

"You deserve a much better girl than me, Taehyung. I don't want to hold you down. I-I-I love you, okay? And I'm scared. I'm scared if what the future holds. For me, and for you."

"And I love you. We'll get through this together. I promise it'll all get better soon. Please. We don't need to break up."

"I'm sorry, Taehyung. But I-I'm leaving."

"What the fuck? When were you actually planning to tell me?"

"It's just a small trip to the States. But when I come back, I'm not sure if you'll still be here. With you and the guys auditioning into BigHit soon, I don't even know if you'll remember me when I come back."

"Of course I'll remember you. What are you talking about? You've been stuck on my mind every single minute everyday. And I love you to bits. I plan on marrying you in the future and come home to a loving wife and family. Is that so wrong of me to ask for?"

"No. It's not wrong. I-I'm not ready for that type of commitment. It's really not you, Taehyung. I just need to clear my head for awhile."

"I'm not asking you to marry me right now. We can just date for a while longer and we'll see where it ends up. Please."

"What the future holds, we don't know. We might even break up and find other partners. Taehyung, please, just let me think."

"And distance helps?"

I could see her hesitating. She wasn't sure about leaving. I had just raised my voice at her by accident and I think she's afraid of me right now. I feel so guilty. And I'm about to apologise when she opens her mouth and mumbled her reply.

"Yes."

"Then I guess that's it. It's over. Goodbye, Sun Mi."

Anger got the best of me as I got up and ran out the coffee shop, leaving a shouting Lilian and a sobbing Sun Mi behind me.