Chapter Four

Taehyung POV
I carefully held onto the delicate and fragile body underneath me as I brought her to her door. Her mother, being very worried, was already standing at the opened door.

"Annyeonghaseyo, imo(aunt)."

I greeted Sun Mi's mom the moment I reached the doorstep. She gave me a smile as she realises who I am.

"Kim Taehyung! How long have you not visited me? Your mother always told me your excuses for not coming here but I am not buying them."

"And here I thought you would really believe them."

I joked while bringing Sun Mi in, careful not to knock her head on the door frame.

"Why not you stay a little while for dinner, Hyun?"

"Sure. Why not, eommonim. As long as dinner means your famous chicken kimbap."

I complimented her famous (it was famous in the neighbourhood) and my favourite dish. I mean, I had been over here often because of Sun Mi's brother, but its been a long time since I met him. He did join a boy group for heaven's sakes.

"Just leave Sun Mi on the couch. If you want, you can stay in the living room to watch movies. I'm sure my husband and Sun Mi wouldn't mind you touching their precious collections."

I smiled and thanked Sun Mi's mom before placing Sun Mi on the couch. She held onto me tighter when I was tried to place her down, an action that shocked me senseless.

"Mmm.. Kajima, Taehyung.."

I looked down at her angelic face and decided against whether to sit with her on the couch or just leave there by herself. And guess which one won?

~*~*~*~*~*

I'm guessing I must have fallen asleep with Sun Mi atop of me because all I could hear were gushes about how adorable we are around me.

I blinked, trying to make my tired eyes open as I felt Sun Mi shuffling on me.

"Yeobu, I think he's awake. Let's go before they know we're spying on them."

The moment they left, I opened my eyes fully and let a chuckle. I felt Sun Mi moan and shuffled against my chest as it vibrated when I chuckled.

"Mm.."

I froze instantly as I felt her start to wake up. I pretended to be asleep as she got up slowly from my chest. I could feel that she was rubbing her eyes and looked down at me.

I pretended to slowly wake up and groaned at the sight of the light in the living room. I got up and did a short stretching before turning to look at her.

"Uh.. Did we.. You know.. Did anything?"

I stared at her adorable cute face that was tinted red and burst out laughing. I shook my head and wrapped my arms around her like how we used to be and let out a sigh.

"No, we didn't. But I wouldn't mind staying in this position for a little while longer." 

I closed my eyes and rested my chin on her head. Ah, the good old days. I sometimes even wonder why we had been so naive to go through whatever the hell we've been through.

"Taehyung, I-I can't do this. I'm sorry."

She wiggled out of my light grasp and walked to the stairs. She stopped at the bottom of it, gave me a light smile before walking up.

I shook my head at what just happened and got up, walking to the kitchen and asked if imo needed any help with dinner.

Sun Mi POV
Holy mother of sweet baby god!

What happened down there? Why did he say that?

Oh, maybe he's just saying that because he likes you?

Shut up, conscience.

My conscience shut up as soon as my head hit the pillow. I know eomma was going to call me down soon for dinner, but I didn't care, I just want to stop thinking and go to sleep.

~*~*~*~*~*

"Taehyung, my boy! Its so good to see your face in this house again!" 

"Yeah, I know. Its good to see you too, ahjussi (uncle)."

"Just skip the formalities. How many times have we told you to call us by our names?"

"I can't. I've been taught to be well-mannered."

As if, I grunted while shoving a mouthful of my mother's famous chicken kimbap into my mouth. Even the world's most mouthwatering food can't make me stop myself from feeling moody right now.

"Sun Mi, dear, why not you show Taehyung to your room once you're done?"

I dropped my spoon and looked at my mother, "What?"

"I said, sh-"

"I heard what you said, eomma. Why would I need to do that?"

"Just br-"

"No, its okay, imo. I need to go home soon anyway. In fact, I think  that's my mother right now."

It was like a scene in a book where the girl wants to avoid the boy on a date with a fake phone call. Except the situation was the other way around. We weren't on a date and it was him wanting to avoid the tension here.

"I gotta go now, imo and ahjussi. I'll see you both soon." He smiled at my parents before turning to me. "I'll see you tomorrow, Sun Mi. Don't forget to bring the baby." 

"Goodbye." 

We bid our goodbyes and stayed silent until we heard his car start up and him driving off. 

"Sun Mi, I know what happened wa-"

"Hard? You don't understand! If you do, then you wouldn't have invited him for dinner! If you understood, you'll be considerate enough to do that!"

I got up, leaving my parents with their mouths agape and ran to my room.

They don't understand. Nobody understands.